Looking for farmers wife book

Hi, I am trying to identify an author on the subject of farmers wife. There were articles written by her published in a farm journal and at least one book about her experiences on a small farm. Have googled "book" and libraries but can not find this author. The book by this author was published and seemed to have a good readership. This book is non-fiction. The author's name is Limback, Limbagh, or other variations. It is set in the Great Lakes region in Indiana or Michigan Ohio, and is a diary sort of narrative. Written or copyright in 1960 or 1970. I must have gotten the authors name misspelled. She writes about day to day living with kids family and friends on a vegetable producing acreage. Will anyone help me identify this book? Thanks.

It wouldn't be this person would it ?..... just did a quick Google search

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/printers-row/2010/09/rachel-pedens-journals-of-farm-life-republished.html

Thanks but the style is not of the author I'm looking for. I've tried all different variations of Limback and still come up with nothing. I either borrowed her book from a library or bought it at a sale so I know she is published. Ill get out my maps and see if I can identify some towns she lived near or mentions in her books.

Could it be Patricia Penton Leimbach? She wrote All my Meadows, Harvest of Bittersweet and A Thread of Blue Denim. They seem to fit the bill.

If you're in the UK, Amazon have the odd copy via Marketplace.

I'm USA and it looks like Amazon has copies, A thread of blue denim is a good one. How do you know this author?.

Amazon US have some too. :)

Yes thank you! Thats the one. :doh: I had just about given up.