Rennie's 2007 Book List

Renniemist

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just ordered Fluffy from Amazon, as it looks good. Will let you know how I get on with it. I doubt it could be more different than Maus!

What is Fluffy about PP? :)

Glad you enjoyed On Beauty :smile2: On the graphic novel front, Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi is a good graphic novel to read after Maus, I reckon.

Thanks Amy. I have Persepolis on my wish list. I am hoping that some kind person (son or daughter) will get it for me for Mothers Day.:D

It does doesn't it? And a bit different. When I finish it (2010...you know how slow I am) I will pass it round to those who would like to borrow it.

Maybe we should start book chains...lend a book out and track who has it on the forum until it gets back home again. Everytime it arrives at a forum members house, its logged as received and when they finish it, they post it to the next person on the list.:)

I have now started on A Star Called Henry by Roddy Doyle.

Born in the slum of Dublin in 1901, his father a one-legged whorehouse bouncer and settler of scores, Henry Smart has to grow up fast. By the time he can walk he is out robbing, begging, often cold always hungry, but a prince of the streets. At fourteen, already six foot two, Henry is in the General Post Office on Easter Monday 1916, a soldier in the Irish Citizen Army, fighting for freedom.

I have this on my TBR shelf, I hope it's good. It was an impulse buy for me :)

I have finished reading A Star Called Henry. It was very different from the other Roddy Doyle books that I have read.

I am now starting on Perfume by Patrick Suskind.

He is abandoned on the filthy streets as a child, but grows up to discover he has an extraordinary gift: a sense of smell more powerful than any other human

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding that The Distance Between Us reminds me very much of After You'd Gone, where as My Lover's Lover was very different. I found myself rushing through that one, because I wanted to find out what had happened, whereas the other two I relax and enjoy more.

May I remind everyone that there will be quite a few copies of The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox on offer during April. :blush:

My Lover's Lover was very different. I found myself rushing through that one, because I wanted to find out what had happened, whereas the other two I relax and enjoy more.

That's very true: I remember rushing through it too.

I sped through The Distance Between Us but only because I had insomnia for two nights running. It was a great companion!

• 2 weeks later...

It has taken me a while but I eventually finished reading Lolita. I quickly got used to the style but I was pretty appalled at Humbert Humbert and so I could only read a little at a time. I am struggling to get the right words to describe this book. I enjoyed it but at times I hated it and it made me shiver. I am putting it in my to be read again pile.

I am now starting on Suite Fran