When you finish a book do you ever feel like starting the book again

VanessaL

This is an interesting one. Although I have felt like immediately going back and reading a book again once I have finished it, I have resisted. I always feel sadness at finishing a good book, but reason that I can re-read a couple of months down the line, rather than straight away, as I have so many books already on my shelves that I'd be putting off I were to read the exact same book again. I'm not sure if I did it when I was a kid, because I used to just read the Harry Potter books relentlessly, but nowadays there's too much choice.

Edited by Ben

I do feel like that, but just because there are so many other books waiting to be read, I don't do it often.

I think I only did it once or twice when I was about 11, with a collection of stories, and a book in which the story takes place in my town, near where I live. And the story was beatiful though pretty sad, but I still wanted to re-read it a few times, as masochistic as it was :D

Oh yeah, and I think I started reading 'The Song Reader' again right after finishing it.

Edited by Brida

Yes when I always like to read the book again when the story is so good for me and if I finish the book not properly I mean if I was reading and somebody or with something I can't read that properly then I started to read that book again. I remember when my dad gave me one book( Herri Porter) . I finish that book and I started again . so if we love that book then we always want to read that book again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rarely, if ever, feel that way about fiction books, although I will often decide I want to reread at a later date. However, I quite often do with non-fiction. The most recent experience of that was with Hermion Lee's biography of Virginia Woolf, where as soon as I finished, I wanted to go back to the start. I restrained myself, but did read the first couple of chapters again.