Mrstrecool's Reading List 2007

mrstrecool

I have a couple of those on my own list too, so I'll be interested in hearing what you think of them when you read them. I can also recommend Bitten Kelly Armstrong is one of my favourite authors & I love the entire Women of the Otherworld series.

I love Kelley Armstong and i have a few more of her books i think i just need the new one and industrial magic for the set!!

They are excellent very readable books

I've read the four books so far in the Thursday Next series - I really enjoyed them. I hope you get on with them as well. :)

What order do the rest of the books come in? I am loving The Eyre Affair so definitely want to read the rest of them.

Bought Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain for 50p from our local charity shop. I'm really pleased as I've been after this for ages, my husband used to be a head chef. (A nice one, not a knife throwing, screaming, swearing one like some I've had to work with!)

I finished The Eyre Affair this morning, curled up in bed while my husband ran around after the kids!! Bliss! :) I loved the play on words, such as characters names. I also liked the use of time and space travel, this was just a very clever, entertaining book. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.

There is a fifth book due out in July called First Among Sequels, which carries on the story of Thursday Next. Hopefully, I'll catch up in time for its release.

I have now started The Blind Assasin by Margaret Atwood. I've only read a few pages so still too early to say what I think.

Sounds great - I have The Eyre Affair on my shelf, but I'm determined to make the most of it by reading Jane Eyre first, so it'll still be a little while before I get there. Perhaps I'll get to it during May - that'd be nice... :)

I'm really sorry, I know all the Margaret Atwood fans on here are going to hate me, but I just can't get into The Blind Assassin. It's just not my thing and I'm not enjoying it. Please forgive MA fans!

I've decided to give up and start on A Place Called Here by Cecelia Aherne.

I'm really sorry, I know all the Margaret Atwood fans on here are going to hate me, but I just can't get into The Blind Assassin. It's just not my thing and I'm not enjoying it. Please forgive MA fans!

I've decided to give up and start on A Place Called Here by Cecelia Aherne.

Oh don't be worrying, we all can't like the same thing but I think you are going to like 'A Place Called Here' Tre...:D

I'm giving up on A Place Called Here, I can't get into it. I'm not doing very well lately, that's 2 in a row I've abandoned. However, I am enjoying Sophie's bakery for the Broken Hearted so I think I've found a book I'm actually going to finish!