Hangover cures.

One of the only pieces of information that I took away with me from my degree was that you should have a lot of water before bed (to rehydrate to stop the headache) AND have sugar before bed too! ...the sugar counteracts the chemical reaction that makes you feel nauseous! ..So the mars bar suggestion sounds like a good option! (..plus you can stuff your face with sweets when you get home from a night out and feel that you are doing yourself some good!!) I always do this and always feel ok in the morning (apart from that groggy, I've been out the night before feeling that can only be taken away for me by a squirty coke from some fast food outlet or other!)

My personal 'cure' is a toasted cheese sandwich. No matter how rough I feel, I'm always a little better after a toasted cheese sandwich (heavy on the cheese).

Oh, and lots of water and a smoothie for that virtuous feeling, lol.

I can't drink the day after I've had a heavy night tho', it makes me incredibly tired and grouchy. And gives me pangs of guilt towards my liver.

I'm fairly sure that'll cure anything though won't it?

I know this is off topic, but Hello again PrincessPonti! :( I was wondering where you'd gone for so long - nice to have you back!

Aw, thanks PDR!! ;) I had a little bit of time out, trying to sort my head through lots of things at work and lots of personal things at home (some times life gets in the way!!) - all good now though! Phew! ...then! Had a lovely time skiing in the Alps over New Years (.. I say skiing which makes it sound so grand, but technically, I had two days falling on my bum as that was all I could afford, the rest of the time was spent enjoying the crisp mountain air!)...THEN... when we returned, the internet had decided to go on holiday! ..It is back now! ..But, I imagine I'll be a bit on and off for the next few months also.. we have put our house on the market and shall be homeless pretty soon (I hope!!). I'll never wander too far from the forum though, I like it here! Nobody minds if I waffle on about Take That and any other thing that pops into my head :D

I wish I could log in more at work but I have the Head of the whole Department sitting right behind me!! Bah!! :D

I swear by a mcdonalds milkshake. It's full of sugar for energy and lard for comfort, is cooling and soothing. Even better if you can have an ice cream float which has all that plus a bit of caffeine, but if I'm hung over I can't normally face the look of it.

I'm quite lucky in that I don't suffer much with hangovers. I think you have to sober up for them to be a problem...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never get hangovers, I find staying on the beer and away from shorts helps avoid hangovers, but if I ever do feel a bit rough, the best thing is Plenty of crispy bacon, a couple of fried eggs, beans, fried mushrooms, black pudding, grilled plum tomatoes, fried bread,a couple of really decent sausages (from a butchers, not a supermarket) lashings of tomato sauce, toast and a pint mug of freshly brewed sweet tea, i also find that a couple of fruit flavoured ice lollies seems to do the trick!

• 3 weeks later...

Gracious me - I love a Book Club Forum that covers hangover cures! Well done!

I love all the solutions -- don't drink so much, McDonald's shakes, bacon, toasted cheese sandwiches, even a little hair of the dog that bit you.

Mine?

I swear by McDonald's Fries and Cokes.

I believe in lots of water (ice cold, if possible)

Exercise helps.

Time.