Searching for resources

Hello all!

I'm working on three papers for school. One is about St. Patrick and his conversion of the Irish to Christianity. The other paper is about Queen Elizabeth. I am searching for resources (peer reviewed, journals, etc) about the queen's challenges as the Queen Monarch and a woman (if she sacrificed her, ie. love, marriage, children). The battles she fought to be taken seriously, etc. And the last one is on the influence of invented words from HP series into the mainstream.

Crazy subjects and I'm going crazy searching for the resources for these subjects. What I wanted to know is if any of you have some suggestions for books, journals and articles that would be helpful? I've used my university's library site but its just frustrating me because I can't seem to find the right key words to do a search that doesnt generate 2,900 responses!:rolleyes:

Any help would be truly appreciated! And if my questions are too scattered, feel free to ask me a more direct question!

The best resource I've found for virtually every one of my papers is Google Books and Google Scholar. I've been able to find resources on everything from literature, history, science, and everything else.

Having thought about this overnight; it is interesting to contrast the attention Elizabeth gets with the other female monarch who preceded her; Mary. I know she was on the throne for much less time, but she was a female monarch. Elizabeth gets a much better press and it's interesting to ask why. Elizabeth was Protestant and Mary Catholic, but they both did much the same thing to the opposition. Mary's biggest "failure" was not to produce an heir, something Elizabeth turned to her advantage (The Virgin Queen). History likes a victor and they get to write the books. something to ponder.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting about Mary and Elizabeth. Elizabeth was by far the best monarch because she ruled with her hea. Mary wa an emotional nitwit by all accounts. Mary did produce an heir, he became King James (KJV bible) and Elizabeth's successor. Mary tried 3 different times to have Elizabeth disposed, hence, off with her head. Elizabeth had opportunity to marry but she refused to be forced into it by Parilment. She would, if God led her to, marry with her heart and her head. In the end, Elizabeth would be under submission to NO man.

Oh, you had me confused! I thought you meant Queen Mary, Elizabeth's sister. I was all like, "Mary didn't have any children, what is Katrina talking about?" LOL...I'm very easily confused today.

I have to admit Echo I am a little confused as well BDFAR I think was talking about Elizabeth's sister Mary the daughter of Katherine of Aragon who had a very bloody rule and tried to bring back Catholicism to the country and was succeded by Elizabeth as she had produced no heirs and Katrina was talking about Mary Queen of Scots who tried to take the throne from Elizabeth was imprisoned beheaded but in a way had the last laugh with her son succeeding Elizabeth bringing about the end of the house of Tudor and the start of the Stuart.

Is that right guys???:D