Jingle Books

Coffin Nail

I've mostly bought books so far that people have asked for so not necessarily my choice

My OH wants ... 'Wall and Piece' by Banksy

Mum wants both Craig Revel Horwood and Len Goodman's biographies (big Strictly fan)

My sister wants Russell Brands 'Bookywook 2'

My niece Jaime .. 'Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism' by Georgia Byng

and sundry Usborne sticker dressing books for nephews and nieces

I might buy Keith Richards biography for my brother-in-law and I'm determined to buy 'Middlesex' by Jeffrey Eugenides for someone, it's just a matter of working out who, and possibly a Neil Gaiman or Dan Rhodes.

I'll probably buy some Catholic-ish book for my dad (I'm sure he has a list), and maybe something by Neil Gaiman for my older brother, or something like it. I love buying books for my nephew, so I'll just browse the little kids' storybooks and buy ALL of them!

Aargh!!!! Don't mention Xmas I haven't bought anything at all for anybody :doh:

I haven't either. I was hoping that hearing from the more organised members of the forum, might give me the urge to make a start. So far all I've bought is wrapping paper and bows. :rolleyes:

So far my haul is for my niece ( I still have 3 family birthdays to go before christmas) and I have Pippi Longstocking, Mrs Pepperpot and Olga Da Polga all stories I loved as a child. I will probably get more books for the other 4 nieces and nephews as I believe in good for you Christmas presents for children (OMG when did I turn into an old woman :giggle2: )

I haven't either. I was hoping that hearing from the more organised members of the forum, might give me the urge to make a start. So far all I've bought is wrapping paper and bows. :rolleyes:

Phew glad I'm not the only one then :blush:

I have a really hard time choosing what books to buy people. I would like to buy them books that I like myself, but they may not like what I like. I am not really aware what others like. It's hard. It's hard buying ANY presents I think. I always want to buy the perfect gift, but I am beginning to think there is no such thing.

So I will have to go by genres instead. I have some clue what genre people like at least.

Then it's hard to know what books they have already read. I do not discuss books very often with people I know. :irked:

One thing I really appreciate though is the price of pocket books!!!! A classic can be extremely cheap, so you can end up buying 3 books to just one person. That is just wonderful.

I am thinking of buying classics this year to people I know. Charles Dickens for instance. George Orwell. Arthur Conan Doyle.

Online book store ---- here I come!!! :cool:

Just ordered a package of books. 5 of them for friends, 3 for myself cause I couldn't help it. My friends will get;

Agatha Christie: And then there were none

William Shakespeare: Hamlet

Jules Verne: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

Pierre Choderlos de Laclos: Dangerous Liaisons

Audrey Niffennegger: The time traveller's wife

Had to come up with books I think THEY might like and that I enjoy myself. Took me 2 hours to choose these.