What next?

I'm a big fan of crime novels and religious fiction (Michael Connelly, Harlen Coben, Dan Brown, Chris Kuzneski) and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on who to read next. I'm a fan of series books and have exhausted all my favourite authors, if only they could write as fast as I read!!!

All of the above, fella, plus Michael Marshall, J A Kerley and Henning Mankell as well - there're loads of great crime authors out there currently. biggrin.gif

Chrissy. Lee Child I've read along with James Patterson. Lee Child is still the only author to write a book that I've read in one sitting (Without Fail). The others I'll check out.

Lucybird. I tried reading the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but just didn't seem to get along with it.

Mac. Henning Mankell is gonna be the one I check out next, a name like that gotta be good :D

Thank you all

You might enjoy the works of Icelandic author Yrsa Sigurddottir. She has written three so far, all set in Iceland (of course) with the backdrop of all that wonderful scenery and some slightly eccentric Icelandic characters. The books are not religious, but the first two deal with witchcraft, which you might find interesting.

Just a few crime authors that spring to mind

British authors not already mentioned: Stephen Booth, Jim Kelly, John Harvey, Ian Rankin, Alex Gray, Mark Billingham, Stuart MacBride, Graham Hurley, Quintin Jardine

American authors not already mentioned: Robert Crais, James Lee Burke, Alafair Burke, John Sandford, Robert B Parker, Brian Freeman

Hope you get something out of those that you like

Hi all. Lucybird, I have just finished the millenium trilogy and I thought they were fabulous. Mike, I would strongly recommend them as a fan of similar authors as yourself they do not fail!

I'm intrigued with the Conrad Jones Soft Target series. If anyone has any experience of them I would love to hear it. After The Millenium Trilogy I've opted for something a little more slow paced, Sebastian Faulks 'A Week In December', completely different I know. It is'nt really hittinh the spot to be honest but I'll carry on..!

Well it looks like the points balance on my Waterstones card is going to increase!

Thanks to all you who've replied. I have read a few of the authors mentioned but I thought it'd be a bit long winded to write every author who's books I've read. John Connolly as an example, excellent books.

Once again thanks to all for your imput.