The Event

Karsa Orlong

So did anyone else watch the first two episodes on Channel 4 last night? What did you think?

I caught it completely by chance (not knowing anything about it) and quite enjoyed it. I liked the jumping backwards and forwards in the timeline etc, and there were enough twists and action to keep me watching. I'll be tuning in next week.

And yet, I can't help feeling it's going to be another Lost/Heroes and just end up annoying the hell out of me to the point where I start throwing things at the tv and then give up on it :lol:

So did anyone else watch the first two episodes on Channel 4 last night? What did you think?

I caught it completely by chance (not knowing anything about it) and quite enjoyed it. I liked the jumping backwards and forwards in the timeline etc, and there were enough twists and action to keep me watching. I'll be tuning in next week.

And yet, I can't help feeling it's going to be another Lost/Heroes and just end up annoying the hell out of me to the point where I start throwing things at the tv and then give up on it :lol:

I did watch it, I wasn't planning to but there was nothing much else on, so I watched it, and like your good self Karsa, I did not know a whole lot about it (apart from the vague trailers). I enjoyed it and I found the jumping backwards and forwards easy to follow to, the story has a good basis with enough intrigue to keep you watching, especially about the 97 and why they are here. I am a bit worried too that it may end up like Heroes (which I used to watch, then missed a few episodes and I didn't know what was going on :blush: ).

Sorry for rambling, anyway, pretty decent start to the series with a decent cast (I did like Laura Innes as 'Weaver' in ER) :)

Edited by Weave

I don't think it would have made a difference if you'd seen every episode of Heroes, it was still a mess :lol:

Apparently the ratings for The Event have been dropping like a stone in the US, so it might not be around for very long. It makes me wonder if it's thrown all its good ideas into the first couple of episodes and then has nothing left to give.

Shall find out next week, I suppose! :)

I don't think it would have made a difference if you'd seen every episode of Heroes, it was still a mess :lol:

Apparently the ratings for The Event have been dropping like a stone in the US, so it might not be around for very long. It makes me wonder if it's thrown all its good ideas into the first couple of episodes and then has nothing left to give.

Shall find out next week, I suppose! :)

Another potential great series which hopefully won't be cancelled, and we will find out next week :)

Edited by Weave

After 4 episodes I got tired of this show. The whole alien mystery thing got tiresome and I feel the show needs more than that mystery that does not seem very spectacular. Too bad, but I stopped watching somewhere on episode 4.

I've recorded the first episode but not watched it yet. However, I think Bl;air Underwood is a truly beautiful man, so I suspect I will definitely enjoy it!

:)

The first series of Heroes was excellent, it's just a pity it disapeared up it's own bottom after that . . .

Find myself agreeing with you again Raven. Loved the first series of Heroes and only just got through first two eps of second series, it turned into utter drivel. Loving the Event so far.

The first series of Heroes was excellent, it's just a pity it disapeared up it's own bottom after that . . .

I thought it was great up until the episode 'Company Man', which was easily the high point of the two seasons I watched. After that episode it totally lost the plot.

Managed to forget to record The Event on Friday. Fortunately it's repeated umpteen times.

• 2 weeks later...