Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I started The girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larssonlooking good so far.

I've been toying with the idea of buying the first couple of Jo Nesbo books they sound good so I probably will get them even though I don't actually need them yet. :blush:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I randomly picked up a book at the library yesterday, Justin Cronin's The Passage.. just picked it up because it looked nice.

I read this last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

I'm still reading Room. I'm always so tired during the week, I never get to read as much as I want to. Bloomin' work, interfering with my reading habits. :badmood:

Made it halfway through The Way of Kings today--I must say its getting rather good, though there are quite a lot of characters to keep track of. It doesn't help that they have names like Yelb and Szeth and Numuhukumakuaki'aialunamor (not making that up...although, to be fair, everyone just calls him Rock). Fantasy novels do tend to go overboard with fantastical names, so I was prepared for it. Great reading so far, hope to finish it soon as I am virtually snowed in at the moment. Just been sitting in front of the fire reading the last two days, its been pretty awesome. Looks like more of the same for tomorrow since we're still 20 degrees below freezing. Woot for crazy winter storm sweeping the states!

Edited by Kasei

I got all these books for £5 today :D

Notes on a Scandal - Zoe Heller

The Host - Stephanie Mayer

The Shadow Project - Scott Mariani

A Series of Unfortunate Events The Austere Academy - Lemony Snicket

A Series of Unfortunate Events The Vile Village - Lemony Snicket

I loved Notes on a Scandal, it's one of those short books that have such an impact & stay in your head for ages afterwards, that's what I found anyway :D

I finally finished The Forsyte Saga & managed to fit in On Chesil Beach Ian McEwan before the end of January, 2 great books IMO.

I'm now reading Every Man for Himself by Beryl Bainbridge

I have started on The Cream of the Jest: A Comedy of Evasion by James Branch Cabell.

It's great so far, and I was so amused by one passage I had to make it my signature. :lol:

Got 3 books for £5 from The Works

The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson (wanted a copy for so long)

Blameless - Gail Carriger (3rd in series)

Rabbit Stew And A Penny Or Two - Maggie Smith-Bendell

Also got The Man Who Lives With Wolves - Shaun Ellis with Penny Junor

Read more of Iron Council - China Mieville :)

Edited by chrysalis_stage

I've finally read Heart of Darkness, and now I'm looking for my own copy of the book, which I seem to have misplaced :irked: I was sooo looking forward to throwing it away, it's been haunting me for 10 years, and now I can't find it!!! Just my luck, it'll creep up on me when I least expect it, to give me one final trauma.

Edit: Ah, found it! I've never before been happy to see the book, now I'm thrilled! :lol:

Edited by frankie

I don't like giving up on books, but I've put Ben Macintyre's Operation Mincemeat back on the shelf after getting about halfway through it. It's very well written and researched but I found I asn't enjoying it, and I was reading it without taking it in. Never a good sign!

I loved Notes on a Scandal, it's one of those short books that have such an impact & stay in your head for ages afterwards, that's what I found anyway

I'm really looking forward to starting this one, I've only heard good things about it! I was surprised that its not a very big book though!

I'm about halfway through Everything is Illuminated, I'm really getting into it now! :D

Finished The Beginning of Spring by Penelope Fitzgerald last night. A quirky little book and not really sure what to make of it at all ......

I've started Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson now.

My mojo had a wobbly recently, and I was getting mightily nervous that 2011 would be as bad a reading year (in numbers) as 2010 was.

I kept being drawn to a re read of 'The Eyre Affair' by the fabulous Jasper FForde, so I have given in to my mojo and have started it. Mojo busting! :D