Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading a bit more of Dragonflight. I'm starting to get into the way it's written, even if I find the language a bit superfluous and distracting. It's being a bit predictable at the moment, but hopefully that'll change.

Been reading a bit more of Dragonflight. I'm starting to get into the way it's written, even if I find the language a bit superfluous and distracting. It's being a bit predictable at the moment, but hopefully that'll change.

Is that the Anne McCaffrey one? Haven't read anything by her in ages.

I finished Rapscallion this evening it was pretty good really, not sure whatI am going to read next, I think I have a Jo Nesbo waiting for me in the office Yay!!!

I finished Girl with the Dragon Tattoo this afternoon when I returned from my shopping expedition. Much to mull over, so I'll be posting my thoughts tomorrow. All in all though I'm ready and willing to read more Larsson, that's for sure! :D

I'll be starting Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs next.

I forgot to say I received 'The Small Hand' by Susan Hill as part of alison10's book ring (thanks Alison) :)

I finally finished The Yearling yesterday and started and finished The Last Family in England by Matt Haig, what an excellent read! I don't know what to read next, all I know is that I gotta keep on reading.... And yeah, bought a couple of books on Saturday :blush:

I finally finished The Yearling yesterday and started and finished The Last Family in England by Matt Haig, what an excellent read! I don't know what to read next, all I know is that I gotta keep on reading.... And yeah, bought a couple of books on Saturday :blush:

I am so pleased Frankie, you enjoyed 'The Last Family in England' :)

Is that the Anne McCaffrey one? Haven't read anything by her in ages.

Yep, that's the one. First time reading anything of McCaffrey's. Not sure if I like her yet.

Haven't gotten in any reading for the last two days, but we did hit Barnes & Noble and bought a nicer copy of Pattern Recognition by William Gibson.

Also bought a couple at the second hand place, On Writing by Stephen King and Strong and Healthy Back by Dr. Johannes H. Heilmann. Yesterday Memoirs of a Survivor by Doris Lessing landed in our mailbox. Now I wonder how that happened? /innocent/ :D

Edited by pontalba

I've just finished reading two books - The Hunchback Assignments and The Hunckback Assignments the dark deep by Arthur Slade. Both were fantastic books and really got my mojo back after the epic fail the was The swan Maiden for me. The Hunchback Assignments follow young Modo as he becomes a secret agent to save the great British Empire. Wonderful books with great characters - I can't wait to read the next one.

Edited by page turner

Woohoo! I've finished Atlas Shrugged. :D An awesome read right to the end. It feels like quite an achievement. :)

I'm going to give myself a big break this month and stick to light and short reads, starting with Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren, which I actually started last month but stopped in order to read AS.

Woohoo! I've finished Atlas Shrugged. :D An awesome read right to the end. It feels like quite an achievement. :)

I'm going to give myself a big break this month and stick to light and short reads, starting with Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren, which I actually started last month but stopped in order to read AS.

Woo congrats, Kylie!! :D I'm glad you liked it, and you definitely deserve something light now! :lol:

I'm reading Pippi Longstocking to one of my DD's at the moment, to be honest I think she's enjoying it more than me so I've been alternating it with The Wizard Oz :)

I finished Closing Time Joseph Heller yesterday it was a good read & if you enjoyed Catch 22 I'd definitely recommend it. I've now started Moon Tiger Penelope Lively.

I just finished Neverlandd by Douglas Clegg. It was an excellent psychological horror novel, involving the transition from childhood to adulthood.

I would highly recommend it to anyone that has enjoyed Ray Bradbury, Stephen King, or Shirley Jackson's works.

I am definitely going to check out more by this author.

Two interesting books I bought today in the second-hand bookstore close to the hospital.

(OK so the bookstore is not that close)

(yes, yes, it's on the other side of town in fact)

(yes, visiting it meant I had to pay for the parking, which I don't have to at the hospital)

(just don't tell my husband he will have to build more bookshelves a lot sooner than he thinks)

Poppy Z Brite "Lost souls"

Philippe Dijan "Betty Blue"

I'm reading Pippi Longstocking to one of my DD's at the moment, to be honest I think she's enjoying it more than me so I've been alternating it with The Wizard Oz :)

I finished Closing Time Joseph Heller yesterday it was a good read & if you enjoyed Catch 22 I'd definitely recommend it. I've now started Moon Tiger Penelope Lively.

I just finished Pippi Longstocking and I loved it. An utterly charming book. I'm sorry you're not enjoying it as much. But I'm really glad you enjoyed the Heller novel.

I'm now reading Are You There, God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume. I never read any Judy Blume as a kid, so I'm trying to rectify that oversight.