An Open Vein - JM Warwick

Michelle

I have just finished reading a part of 'An open vein', I read it more than once to be honest.

'An open vein' is a extremely well written and thought out story, I was hooked instantly, I could practically feel the isolation of John. I am looking forward to reading the full version of the novel.

Make sure you check out the competition then.. you could win a copy. :D

• 2 months later...

Just finished An Open Vein and loved it from start to finish. It had me hooked from the begining. Very different from the last book of KW's (DWHH) I read, it was scary how easily John was fooled by Kane but you could understand it at the same time if that makes sense. The ending was not what i was expecting and this book will stay with me for a long time to come. Great read and highly recommended, if you can get your hands on a copy, do!

• 4 months later...

Here's my review to add to the others...

Title: An Open Vein

Author: J M Warwick

ISBN # 1933963964

Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing

First Published: 2006

213 pages

Format: Paperback

Rating: 7/10

Synopsis:

John discovers that Kane is really his father. Because he feels betrayed, he distances himself from his parents and willingly gravitates into a relationship with Kane he hopes will erase lost time. But the father-son bond takes a dark turn when Kane receives kidnapping threats against John. John suspects his parents are responsible. Kane just wants his son safe, and he tells John to stay inside the apartment. Then John gets sick and Kane must care for him. One night, John catches Kane adding drugs to his IV. John confronts Kane. When Kane spins out of control, John wonders how he will draw the line between reality and deception. John

• 3 weeks later...