Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

I know I have not posted much, apologies, Dylan, our eldest cat was put to sleep today. :(

I know it must've been really difficult, but it was the best thing for Dylan. He had a really great life, such loving family and great kitty pals. :empathy:

A few more photos I took of Reuben this morning, playing with a new toy. It was his 6 month birthday yesterday! :D

I'm in love with Reuben! He has such an expressive face :wub:

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I've ever shared a pic of my cat, to be fair she spends most of her time being pretty unsociable but as it's raining today and she heard the magic sound of sellotape she didn't to come and help me wrap some parcels, i'm just hoping no one minds kitty hair in their parcels!! :smile: Her name is Candy, she was christened Candyfloss but we only use that if she's naughty... ;):giggle2:

29xyknt.jpg

Candy is gorgeous! :)

I know I have not posted much, apologies, Dylan, our eldest cat was put to sleep today. :(

Really sorry to hear that. It's so painful when our best buddies go. :console:

I'm in love with Reuben! He has such an expressive face :wub:

:D Thanks, Frankie. He has that classic labrador combination of cuteness and handsomeness. He's getting more affectionate now - he always used to want to play fight, and hardly ever snuggle. Now it's more snuggling and less play-fighting. :smile:

:D Thanks, Frankie. He has that classic labrador combination of cuteness and handsomeness. He's getting more affectionate now - he always used to want to play fight, and hardly ever snuggle. Now it's more snuggling and less play-fighting. :smile:

That's great to hear! Playing with dogs is always fun, but being able to have a good cuddle beats any play with a dog, in my opinion :smile2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-3736-0-16881600-1346699855_thumb.jpg

Martin and I finally got a new addition to our cat collective, it was a hard decision but Quinn was so miserable (us too), this is Cash (named after Johnny), he is very sweet and affectionate, full of fun and trouble (he is living up to his name) ~

Edited by Weave

He is gorgeous Paula, and what a great name choice! :smile:

Thanks Chrissy :) We are a very musical household, all of pets are named after singers or songs :)

awww hes lovely :)

Thanks Laura :)

Here's my fur baby! Pebbles, Chinchilla, 10yrs old!

pebbles-1.jpg

Oh my goodness whitegold! Peebles is just precious! I love chinchillas :)

There was a lull in hostilities last night, Quinn is slowly but surely getting used to Cash, the problem is, Quinn is trying to get some dominance going but its not happening because Cash is not scared of Quinn and just wants to play! which is ironic because Quinn wanted to play with Dylan and he couldn't be bothered, anyway, they are getting there. :)

post-3736-0-35963200-1346787207_thumb.jpg

Cash is adorable, Paula. :)

Here are a few recent pics of Jasper (excuse the blurriness). The first one shows how he sits right next to me and stares at me when he's ready to be fed. The second and third pics show him being naughty in my library yesterday. First he lowers his paw after he sees me watching him, then he sits and poses nicely with his paw on the books. :)

post-3835-0-69994500-1346808573_thumb.jpg post-3835-0-19512700-1346808595_thumb.jpg post-3835-0-05494200-1346808585_thumb.jpg

Thanks. :) Here are two more of him in my library—first, playing with a bag (he managed to get the handle looped around him). I took the second photo this afternoon. I've been using my phone to scan all the barcodes on my books for my new cataloguing software, and I've been using the top of a short bookcase as my work area. This is where Jasper usually sits to stare out the window, so he doesn't have much room to move now. As you can see, it has 'forced' him to sit on the edge of the bookcase. I love the way he is leaning away from the books; I think he's trying to tell me he's not impressed at losing his space. :giggle2: Well, it was funny until a bit later, after he had jumped down and I was using all the space, he jumped up on me from behind and managed to claw me and knock several books down behind a bookcase. Grrr!!

I can rarely take a photo without Jasper turning to look at me. He's such a sticky beak and has to investigate every little noise, no matter how quiet I try to be!

post-3835-0-06291200-1346924970_thumb.jpg post-3835-0-93787200-1346924989_thumb.jpg

Thanks. :) Here are two more of him in my library—first, playing with a bag (he managed to get the handle looped around him). I took the second photo this afternoon. I've been using my phone to scan all the barcodes on my books for my new cataloguing software, and I've been using the top of a short bookcase as my work area. This is where Jasper usually sits to stare out the window, so he doesn't have much room to move now. As you can see, it has 'forced' him to sit on the edge of the bookcase. I love the way he is leaning away from the books; I think he's trying to tell me he's not impressed at losing his space. :giggle2: Well, it was funny until a bit later, after he had jumped down and I was using all the space, he jumped up on me from behind and managed to claw me and knock several books down behind a bookcase. Grrr!!

I can rarely take a photo without Jasper turning to look at me. He's such a sticky beak and has to investigate every little noise, no matter how quiet I try to be!

post-3835-0-06291200-1346924970_thumb.jpg post-3835-0-93787200-1346924989_thumb.jpg

Fantastic photos Kylie ;) I love how nosy Jasper is, well, how nosy all cats are :giggle:

Cash, Quin, and Jasper (hope I didn't miss any in the recent posts)...they are all GORGEOUS! But then I tend to think all cats are just too cute for words!

My furry kid news:

Finally, at long last, my dog is going to have her long awaited dual purpose surgery in a few weeks! Our lab, Keiko (11 yrs old) has such repulsive breath that you can actually smell it (and gag in disgust...I know TMI), but we had to finish paying off one of the kittie's surgery's first. Little bugger went in about a year and half ago for a simple ear infection and came out needing a few teeth extracted that he somehow managed to break. (After getting a complete physical and geriatric work-up only six months before, which he came through with flying colours. :doh:) Of course what we didn't know at the time was that dog's teeth were about to go kaput too.

Anyway, she is going to get her teeth cleaned, have a couple yanked and have some fairly large, benign (thankfully!) lumps removed from her sides. Most importantly, at least from her point of view, is her kisses will no longer be spurned!

Cash, Quin, and Jasper (hope I didn't miss any in the recent posts)...they are all GORGEOUS! But then I tend to think all cats are just too cute for words!

My furry kid news:

Finally, at long last, my dog is going to have her long awaited dual purpose surgery in a few weeks! Our lab, Keiko (11 yrs old) has such repulsive breath that you can actually smell it (and gag in disgust...I know TMI), but we had to finish paying off one of the kittie's surgery's first. Little bugger went in about a year and half ago for a simple ear infection and came out needing a few teeth extracted that he somehow managed to break. (After getting a complete physical and geriatric work-up only six months before, which he came through with flying colours. :doh:) Of course what we didn't know at the time was that dog's teeth were about to go kaput too.

Anyway, she is going to get her teeth cleaned, have a couple yanked and have some fairly large, benign (thankfully!) lumps removed from her sides. Most importantly, at least from her point of view, is her kisses will no longer be spurned!

Hope everything goes well with Keiko wordsgood :)