Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

Oh Chrissy :friends0: I'm so sorry to hear about Clyde :(.. like you say .. they break your heart :cry: Sending you the biggest hugs .. I'm still finding ginger fluff around which I know probably means I'm the worst housewife ever but actually it cheers me up to see it.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Kay. :friends0: Oh, and regards worst housewifery - I'm still finding dog fur in places 18 months after we lost our Cap. I feel weepy glad every time.

They leave you with great memories though don't they .. for all that they tear your heart to pieces :(

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Abby and Laura. :smile:

Tonight we had some homemade cod and chips, and I realised it was the first meal I've had (at home) in 9 years where I wasn't mieowed at by a cat in the hope of a tidbit. :mellow:

:friends3:

OMG bobblybear, Reuben is adorable! :smile2: I got all teary-eyed when I watched the vids :blush: The barking video is hilarious! And he's so amazingly clever just at 15 weeks, and look how eager he is to do the tricks! Awww he's so cute :D

Thanks for sharing the vids! :smile2:

Wow, he's doing so well BB, cute and clever, what a great package! I too loved the barking video, I've tried for 13 years to teach Dylan to bark on command but he never quite 'got it', preferring to only howl, and never on command!! Are you taking Reuben to training classes and do you plan on working him at all? He's certainly got the talent! :smile:

Thanks Frankie and Chaliepud. We're amazed at how quick he has picked things up, but they say that labradors are very clever.

We taught him to bark on command by waiting when he would bark at us for attention (usually when we are on the sofa watching TV), and saying 'Speak' and giving him a treat everytime he did it. He picked it up quite quickly.

He's an absolute darling and I just love to see him playing and being so happy. :smile:

No plans to work him at this point, but who knows in the future. At the moment we are just enjoying him being a puppy, and watching as his personality is developing. Still struggling to get him to walk to heel, and that's one thing we want to make sure he does as I'm sure when he's fully grown he'll be able to pull us off our feet! :giggle:

I picked up my cat's ashes from the vet on Thursday. I'm waiting for Mum to help me spread them in his favourite places round the garden, can't face it alone. My friends were a bit disbelieving I actually got him cremated but he died at the vets so they rang me asking if I wanted to pick his body up or get him cremated - I couldn't face the first one :(

He was 12 and hit by a car. Died 2 weeks later. But he looked so miserable for the last week or so, at least his suffering is over.

So sorry to hear about your cat Alexistar, I'm planning on getting my dogs cremated when the time comes, and I know plenty of people who have sone the same.. :friends0:

So lovely to hear your news MC, lurchers are lovely and I have a particular soft spot for brindle dogs (see my avatar!) :smile: I hope she is just what your husband needs.

Thanks CP,

I was going to attach a pic of her but don't know how to!!!

I've managed to change my profile pic to show Freya :D

Edited by madcow

I'm so sorry for your loss Alexistar :(:empathy:

Madcow, I've seen pics of Freya on FB, I've been meaning to ask you what kind of dog she is, now I know :D She's adorable, and I agree with chaliepud, I've also developed a fondness to brindle dogs. Freya's cuddle-licious :D

Thanks guys :) chaliepud - reassuring to know I'm not alone. None of my friends are pet owners but their reaction still made me a bit unsure! I should have asked my OH's Mum really, she was brilliant when she saw me just afterwards, gave me a hug as I had a little cry! She has dogs.

I still have one of my cats with me - she's getting a bit spoilt now though, whoops.

Madcow, Freya looks adorable!

Furry little heartbreakers indeed. For sure. But the pleasure and comfort they bring is worth it. :empathy:

I'm sorry you've lost him.

My little buzzards are all doing pretty well. The oldest is 20 (can't find my book to prove it at the mo) and then have two that are 15, three that are also about 15, but a little younger than the pair. All found or dumped on us. The last two are 8 and 7. I can see some slumping in the 20 y.o. though just lately, and one of the 15 y.o.'s has to have a thyroid pill every day. That is always fun! lol not!

Aww can't believe I have just found this thread...I can't put into words just how much I love my newfoundland baby girl, called Pepper.....pictures to follow...

Does anyone else own a newfi??

Andie P x

• 1 month later...

Quite a few pictures of my little (well, not so little now) Reuben. Hopefully they aren't too big!! They are taken from when he was 10 weeks, 15 weeks, 18 weeks, and now at 5.5 months. My little boy is growing up and nearly all his adult teeth are in!

Looking at the last pic, he looks almost fully grown, but his back is only a tiny bit higher than my knee (and I'm short!), so he still has a bit of growing to do.

post-7534-0-62531000-1340999418_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-23496400-1340999425_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-18149400-1340999432_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-55608800-1340999436_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-31516200-1340999443_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-48592600-1340999449_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-57535200-1340999458_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-82214700-1340999471_thumb.jpgpost-7534-0-92153500-1340999483_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobblybear

Oh my dear how quickly they grow! Reuben is soooo adorable!! :smile2: The fourth picture is so hilarious, he has such a happy expression on :D And I really like the pictures taken on the beach. What a cutie :)

It's scary how quick he has grown. We've only had him for 3 months and he has more than tripled in size. The sixth pic (at the beach, him looking straight into the camera) is my absolute fave. I have it on my desktop at work, so I can look at it whenever I want (which is a lot). :smile:

It's scary how quick he has grown. We've only had him for 3 months and he has more than tripled in size. The sixth pic (at the beach, him looking straight into the camera) is my absolute fave. I have it on my desktop at work, so I can look at it whenever I want (which is a lot). :smile:

All that change in 3 months? Wow!

The sixth pic is definitely a great one. I also like that last pic, showing Reuben chewing on something, an activity which he seems to enjoy :D

Yeah, I can't believe how big he has gotten in such a short time. His growth has slowed down now, but he'll probably carry on growing for a while yet.

We've been taking him up to a local park so he can run around off-lead, and he's loving it. His recall is great so far. He can start heading off to meet another dog, but as soon as I call him he comes straight back to me. Of course it helps that he's a typical greedy lab and mummy always has the best treats for him. :giggle:.