Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

He's gorgeous bobblybear and what a shiny coat!

Freya has settled in really well and we can't imagine not having her now. She is such a cuddle monster and still looks to Jasper if she is unsure of anything. So glad they get on and it has given Jazzy a bit of a spring in his step :)

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've been taking him up to a local park so he can run around off-lead, and he's loving it. His recall is great so far. He can start heading off to meet another dog, but as soon as I call him he comes straight back to me. Of course it helps that he's a typical greedy lab and mummy always has the best treats for him. :giggle:.

Yes, treats must be a great help :D What a good boy he is!

Freya has settled in really well and we can't imagine not having her now. She is such a cuddle monster and still looks to Jasper if she is unsure of anything. So glad they get on and it has given Jazzy a bit of a spring in his step :)

I'm happy to hear Freya's settled in, she's very lucky to have such a loving home! And I'm happy to hear they are all getting along nicely. :smile2:

Reuben is just gorgeous bobbly .. my fave pic is no.7 .. he just looks so noble and wise .. as if he knows stuff the rest of us can only guess at :D

mollyattic1.jpg

A bit of a warmer day today and very warm in the attic so Molly heads there at every opportunity .. she's not really allowed but as long as she sticks to her blanket I don't fuss. She thinks every approach is a 'tickle opportunity' so hence the pose .. she was nice and curled up five secs before.

I don't think I've ever shared a pic of my cat, to be fair she spends most of her time being pretty unsociable but as it's raining today and she heard the magic sound of sellotape she didn't to come and help me wrap some parcels, i'm just hoping no one minds kitty hair in their parcels!! :smile: Her name is Candy, she was christened Candyfloss but we only use that if she's naughty... ;):giggle2:

29xyknt.jpg

Very cute cat pics, Poppyshake and Chaliepud. It never fails to amuse me and make me go 'awww' when Jasper tucks his paws under him. :) My poor cat must often wonder why I'm always laughing and smiling at him.

Fluffy Bum is gorgeous! Why is her tail up? Is she miffed about something?? :smile:

Fluffy Bum is actually a HE. I know, he's far too gorgeous to be a boy!! He always comes down to meet me when I get home, then walks ahead with his tail in the air, I swear he swaggers :D

He's actually quite a character, he was a wild kitten where my husband works. He used to climb on the top of wood bundles being carried across a mill yard by forklift (about 4.5 m high), hop off, then run across to catch the next ride.

He disappeared when I let him go for the first time inside at home. I searched absolutely everywhere until I finally found him up the chimney, crouched on a ledge.

I agree about cat physiques. I love to watch Jasper shoulders when he walks because he looks like a mini lion (I've always loved watching lions walk for the same reason). :D

I don't think I've ever shared a pic of my cat, to be fair she spends most of her time being pretty unsociable but as it's raining today and she heard the magic sound of sellotape she didn't to come and help me wrap some parcels, i'm just hoping no one minds kitty hair in their parcels!! :smile: Her name is Candy, she was christened Candyfloss but we only use that if she's naughty... ;):giggle2:

29xyknt.jpg

She's gorgeous! What a beautiful photo

Fluffy Bum is actually a HE. I know, he's far too gorgeous to be a boy!! He always comes down to meet me when I get home, then walks ahead with his tail in the air, I swear he swaggers :D

Haha :D That's so funny!

He's actually quite a character, he was a wild kitten where my husband works. He used to climb on the top of wood bundles being carried across a mill yard by forklift (about 4.5 m high), hop off, then run across to catch the next ride.

He disappeared when I let him go for the first time inside at home. I searched absolutely everywhere until I finally found him up the chimney, crouched on a ledge.

I missed this post earlier.

Haha. Fluffy Bum is quite a character! I love the colour of the bottom of his feet (that's his colour and not just dirt, right? :))

Do you have an awful time with his cat hair? Jasper only has short hair but it's such a nuisance. It doesn't help that I don't brush him as often as I should. He fights me so much when I try that more of his hair ends up on me than the brush.

I missed this post earlier.

Haha. Fluffy Bum is quite a character! I love the colour of the bottom of his feet (that's his colour and not just dirt, right? :))

Do you have an awful time with his cat hair? Jasper only has short hair but it's such a nuisance. It doesn't help that I don't brush him as often as I should. He fights me so much when I try that more of his hair ends up on me than the brush.

His feet are that colour. I don't have a problem with him moulting, but his fur does get matted at times. He's very good at letting me cut the matted bits out, even though, much to my horror, I snipped him with the scissors one time!

We have another cat, Mimi (another stray) who I swear is half-possum, half deciduous tree. She has an extremely short, thick coat and she moults continuously. No matter how much I brush her, more hair keeps falling out.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I have not posted much, apologies, Dylan, our eldest cat was put to sleep today. :(

Dylan.jpg

Paula ~ hugs hugs and more hug. So sorry about Dylan. :empathy:

What happened? :friends0:

Thanks Chrissy, he had been ill about a month ago, we took him to the vet and she said he had a growth in his stomach but they couldn't remove it because Dylan had a heart murmur* and she was concerned he would not survive the biopsy, the vet prescribed steroids and Dylan was doing good, over the last few days he went downhill very fast, he kept doing things completely out of character, he couldn't get up onto the couch without help, lethargic, etc. After a lot of disucssion, we decided to put Dylan to sleep, its so dramatic I know but we are completely gutted. Poor wee Quinn keeps looking for him. :(

*I forgot to add his age.

So sorry to hear about Dylan he looked like a beautiful cat :empathy:

Thanks pickle, he was a great cat :)

So sorry to hear your sad news Paula, he looked a beautiful boy :empathy:

Thanks chaliepud, he was, he was a funny wee cat, had little to no time for adults (we were lucky enough to be in his inner circle) but he adored children. :)

Edited by Weave