Zombie book recommendations

Georgie

I've had The Strain delivered from England the other day. It's looks really interesting. And also I agree, World War Z is exceptional. Should be the biggest budget zombie movie of all time in the next two years. I believe it's in pre-production.

Edited by Remy Porter

The trailer was removed because of the reason given. Graphics are not allowed in sigs, so it would be pretty sensible to realise that neither therefore are trailer links.

If you and Remy would both like to take a mosey over to the Forum Rules section here, you will see that,

Please do not 'spam' the forum with links to other sites. Links in your signature and/or profile should only be to personal sites and should not have illegal or offensive content. Links to commercial sites may be allowed for regular, active members, but this will only be with prior permission from myself. Affiliate links are not allowed, including affiliate links to amazon.

and

Your signature will show after every post you make. With this last fact in mind, please be considerate with your choice, and keep to a minimum. Graphics are not allowed in sigs.

Bear in mind that the above were in place before you signed up with the forum, so irregardless as to whether you feel it is appropriate or not, these rules are in place, and the Admin & Mod team will ensure they are applied. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Backtracking to the comment about Cell being a like-it-or-loathe-it book, anyone interested in zombies should read through the first chapter alone, which contains one of the best set-up sequences of all zombie horror fiction. The rest of the novel... Not so much. By the time the zombies

took on a group consciousness and started sleeping in packs as some communal entity,

I had lost interest. The first thrust of the story propels it forward excellently though.

It isn't the first time King has tackled zombies, as there is a short called The Reach - which uses Romero-zombies to great effect - in an earlier collection. I don't have the book to hand, but I believe it to be from a collection of similar zombie short stories.

There are also a slew of small press and indie publishers which work exclusively within the zombie sub-genre. I'm still working on my definitive list of every zombie novel ever written...

ETA: This should help anyone looking for zombie books. I'm always on the look-out for new additions, and it isn't complete yet, but I'm working on it.

Edited by BigWords

• 6 months later...

The big new release is Holiday of the Dead;

The zombie apocalypse can really put a downer on your holiday…

38 holiday-themed zombie stories from new and established authors including Night of the Living Dead co-writer, John Russo, Tony Burgess, Shaun Jeffrey, Rod Glenn, Iain McKinnon, Matt Hilton, David Dunwoody, Wayne Simmons, Bowie V Ibarra, Joe McKinney, A P Fuchs, Thomas Emson and Eric S Brown.

Over 500 pages crammed full of flesh-eating horror and dark humour from the cream of UK, US and Canadian talent. Theme parks, serial killers, seaside resorts, Christmas, Thanksgiving and fishing trips. You’ll scream, you’ll laugh and you might even shed a tear…

Holiday zombie horror has never been so entertaining.

• 4 weeks later...