Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

my copy of the lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring. i decided to buy the book in the three parts as the full book terrifies me :giggle:

The three seperate books scare me!!! :hide:

I ended up going into Waterstones this evening and picking up Fallen by Lauren Kate - it's one I'd been meaning to get for a while.

I have this on my wishlist. I have heard some good and bad reviews, but heard that most people think that the series has a lot of potiental. Looking forward to hearing your review.

As for me, I did manage some reading I finally started the book The Devil's Star by Jo Nesbo. I read the first five chapters before I fell asleep. It was Ok so far. I hope to settle into it soon. Still don't seem to be as one with the book. I hope to soon, I have heard nothing but good for this author.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to finish off the Mystery of the 39 cufflinks this morning even if it made me late for work :D and will probably go back to Vampire Apocalypse - Descent into Chaos tonight

My mojo has gone a bit AWOL of late. I'm trying hard to finish a lovely little book called Death of a Squire - a new Templar Knight series my Maureen Ash. They are great stories and the background of Lincoln in 1200 is super. Just can't seem to settle down and finish it though. I've got soooooo many books to get through :blush:

Some books I ordered arrived today. :e010:

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

Ooo, I'll be interested in hearing what you think about this one when you've finished it :D

I lent it to a friend and she said she loved it as well (as I did).

Edited by Brida

This is my first book by Haruki Murakami, so I will be reading it very soon to get a feel for his style and see if I want to read more. :smile2:

I should finish A Daughter's Journey by Lyn Andrews today - only 40ish pages to go, and I plan to get on with Second Chance by Jane Green. Yesterday I was lucky enough to receive a box of books from my friend. The ones I chose to keep are here.

I have not read anymore as I had the kids with me up the hospital and got to thekids taekwondo and it was cancelled without anyone telling us, so we decided to go up the local village instead. Went to the library to pick up a reservation I had and take back some books.

I picked up the book I reserved called Minds on Trial by Ewing McCann - Great cases in Law and Psychology.

Also picked up my reservation for the audio CD for me and the kids A series of Unfortunate events: The reptile room. It is read by TIM CURRY!!!!!!! So I am rather excited!

I also went to the local charity shop and picked up Jasper Fforde The well of lost plots and Lost ina good book. both for 95p. I also noticed in the other charity shop there was a nother audio CD of the Series of Unfortunate events (can't remember which one it was) which was also read by Tim Curry, but the shop was closed. I have to go to the library tomorrow as the kids are participating in a workshop there, so I am going to pop in there and get it! Perfect for the long car journeys and flights that we havecoming up over the holidays!

*Fingers crossed that it is still there!*

Oh no!!! Sad in a good way or a bad way??!! :o

Was the book good??

Sorry I didn't respond earlier - finished the book during my lunchbreak and had to post then dash back to work.

The book was great. I just find her writing in these books has a quiet undertone of sorrow and despair and every time I picked up either of the books it made me feel just a little bit sad too.

Today I started and finished Come Together by Josie Lloyd & Emlyn Rees. I loved this book. It was a "chick-lit" book, about boy meets girl etc. But it was told from both points of view and I couldn't put it down :D

lol why's that if you dont mind me asking?

I have tried them a few times and I just get bored so easily with them. My son loves all things lord of the rings, so I haave tried, but it never seems to get going and them just looking at the size of them and the small font puts me right off so I just put them back on the shelf collecting dust.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier - finished the book during my lunchbreak and had to post then dash back to work.

The book was great. I just find her writing in these books has a quiet undertone of sorrow and despair and every time I picked up either of the books it made me feel just a little bit sad too.

Awe :hug2:I understand, I really can't wait to read it :)

Am about 100 pages into Moab is my Washpot.

I don't seem to be able to sit and read in the staff room anymore without someone starting a conversation about how I am aways reading, and how the wish they could read.

I have tried them a few times and I just get bored so easily with them. My son loves all things lord of the rings, so I haave tried, but it never seems to get going and them just looking at the size of them and the small font puts me right off so I just put them back on the shelf collecting dust.

im going to try and read them. i love the films and my mum loves the books so i really want to give them ago.

I picked up the book I reserved called Minds on Trial by Ewing McCann - Great cases in Law and Psychology.

This sounds interesting, just googled it and I think it's a new member of my tbr list :D

i fifnished Vampire Apocalypse - descent into Chaos and I really enjoyed it a far cry from the current romantic teenybopper vmpire books (and yes some of which I enjoy) The vamps have regained their place as the baddies and its not all fun and games. Now trying to decide what to read next.

Am about 100 pages into Moab is my Washpot.

Let us know what you think Lucybird. I've had this book sat on my shelf for a while now but I'm busy finishing my library books first. :D

Finished Maya-Alistair Campbell. On the whole I enjoyed it. It was a bit more chick-litty than I bargained for despite it being written from the male protagonists perspective. I don't know what I was expecting from the former spinmeister, but this wasn't it.

If you're interested in the nature of celebrity then you'll probably enjoy it. It's a light read without being too fluffy.

If I come across his other novel on my trip to the library, I'd definately give it a go. But it's not on my priority list.

Next off the pile; Cold Heart--Lynda La Plante. Back to crime for me. Phew. No one has been bloodily despatched for over a month and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. :D

Guest Eliza1

I'm about half way through Moby Dick and so far I really like it :) It's a bit tough at times and I find myself zoning out on some of the more long-winded passages. But it's very funny in places and you can never know too much about whaling :P

This sounds interesting, just googled it and I think it's a new member of my tbr list :D

Aweosme I will let you know what I think, I have read a lot of them in the past and one of my booshelves are filled to the brim with books like this.