Torchwood

Michelle

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes yes, oh and YES!! definately!! cant wait!! :D (*sings* im so excited, and i just cant hide it, im about to lose control and i think i like it!! :) )

I CANT WAIT!!

oh and by the way, the first ep is gonna be shown on bbc1 at the same time - the beeb are trying to get ppl to buy digiboxes hope that helped :)

Sure am. I haven't got a freeview box and I was real upset when I heard it was on BBC Three. Then my hubby pointed out to me that it was the Beeb pushing their digital services to make everyone want to get Freeview boxes. Having seen the above I checked the BBC website and hurray it looks as though they have given into pressure and are showing it on terrestrial as well but not making such a big thing of it. It is on BBC2 Wednesday at 9.00. Phew! although a guy at work was going to record it for me.

I always thought Capt'n Jack was rather cool in Dr Who and this looks good. It was such fun in the last series of Dr W looking out for a mention of Torchwood in every episode which most of the time they did.

Yes yes yes, oh and YES!! definately!! cant wait!! :) (*sings* im so excited, and i just cant hide it, im about to lose control and i think i like it!! :) )

I CANT WAIT!!

Am I right in thinking someone is a little on the happy side about it, then? :D

I may watch it. I've heard that Torchwood is meant to be a little more on the 'darker side' than Doctor Who was. That's why it's on a little later in the evening.

I'll be watching it, and I'm overjoyed that it's also on on BBC2 on Wednesday. At least some channels care about terrestrial viewers, not like Channel :D 4. *Still bitter about Lost* :) :)

I watched it last night - thought it was fantastic! I didn't build up my expectations too much, just in case, but it was really well done. I like the fact that there were quite a few 'in' references with the 'new' Doctor Who series thus far. As a Buffy fan, I've come to love it when shows do that.

I'll be careful as I don't want to spoil it for anyone (plus I'm a newbie so don't want to hack off anyone straightaway, lol)... But wasn't the hand in the jar interesting? I have a theory about that... *strokes chin*

Watched the first two eps last night - fantastic! I loved them, especially the first!! :) They were both excellent stories. It all reminded me of The X Files (from when it was good), and the Weevil looked like something out of Buffy. The acting from everybody was excellent. I particularly liked the acting from Eve Myles(?) (Gwen), because I thought it was good that

when she first walked into Torchwood, she was unsure, overawed and scared, so it made it realistic.

Too many times on TV, characters don't bat an eyelid at the scary/amazing things they see, and breeze through it with a witty one liner, which annoys me.

Speaking of witty one-liners,

"He came and he went" made me guffaw in a guilty sort of way - the poor chap had died, but this line was still funny!

John Barrowman is absolutely gorgeous and an excellent actor too. Man, that guy has charisma.

The hand in the jar is obviously so important to him, as he was willing to let Carys escape to get it, but I haven't a clue what its significance is.

Oh yes, I loved the fact that

they had the nerve to kill off what we thought was going to be a main character so early. That was unexpected and very exciting.

Full marks to Russell T Davies for that. I can't wait for the next episode! :D Great stuff! :)

My friend lives in Cardiff and she met Captain Jack when he was filming!! Chatted for ages while her kids watched in awe!

No snogging though.

*Hyperventilating wildly* OMG! How did she resist jumping his bones????!!!!!

Am I right in thinking someone is a little on the happy side about it, then? :D

YES!!

I'll be careful as I don't want to spoil it for anyone (plus I'm a newbie so don't want to hack off anyone straightaway, lol)... But wasn't the hand in the jar interesting? I have a theory about that... *strokes chin*

me too!! is yours:

that the hand is the drs? and did you notice the other dr who referances too? (how do you spell referances?) like how jack cant die cuz he was brought back to life, "one day ill meet a dr, the right kind of dr, and he'll explain everything"...ther was another 1 or 2 as well, but i cant remember them , now.

My friend lives in Cardiff and she met Captain Jack when he was filming!! Chatted for ages while her kids watched in awe!

kwl

my parents want to check them before im allowed to watch them, now :) so im gonna wait till the end of the series in case they dont let me watch a really important one.

my parents want to check them before im allowed to watch them, now :D so im gonna wait till the end of the series in case they dont let me watch a really important one.

I don't blame them actually.. it is a rather 'adult' series.

The hand..

there does seem to be a concensus that it's the hand that was cut off in the Christmas Special episode.

After loving the first two episodes, I was rather disappointed with the third (the one with the alien "seeing the past" thingy). Somehow, it just didn't seem to work for me.

And the whole "gun training" sequence - eww! Superfluous, too long, uncomfortable and just icky somehow. I hope the next episode is better.