Just one look, Harlan Coben

Just One Look by Harlan Coben

ISBN 978-0-7528-6381-8

I think this is my first Harlan Coben, and boy, am I glad I discovered him!

A brakeless thriller which I could not put down, and a mystery which is only unearthed in the very last pages.

Painter Grace Lawson picked up a packet of holiday prints, and with her pictures she discovers what seems to be an old photo of her husband with 4 other people. When she confronts her husband, he drives off somewhere and disappears. Meanwhile a brutal killer is on the lose, motive unknown and a hitman in jail confesses to an old murder - which had been put down as a terrible accident.

People from Grace's past have also appeared again. Everything seems to have some sort of connection, and Grace is struggling to find the link and find her husband.

I could not put this book down before I found out who, why, when and where. I had to give up my beauty sleep last night, and drag myself to work, half asleep, this morning!

I love Coben's books. I think I've read all of his stand alone, except for the very last one and enjoyed them all. The first one I read was Don't Look Now...a super page turner. And...good news, there is a film of it that is dynamite. It's in French, subtitled.

HC must have a good sense of humor, he does a cameo in the film, a la Hitchcock. :D