Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Films : Parts 1 & 2

lexiepiper

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Lexie. I'll have to look up my book to see whereabouts the 24-chapter mark is. I've only read it once so far. Is the split before or after all the camping stuff?

When it gets closer to the release date I'm planning on re-reading the book. I suppose quite a few of us will be doing that, so it might be worthwhile having a little reading circle for it. :)

I really like Emma's new look. She's so beautiful that anything seems to suit her.

• 8 months later...

Excellent, thanks for posting Raven ... it looks phenomenal, and in 3D too!! .. I'm getting chills and sweaty palms. There are some serious special effects by the look of it.

I hope the films get some sort of award, I know they are not as good as the books, nothing ever could be and some were better than others but they've been an incredible achievement for everyone involved especially the kids (not kids now but still) just seeing them grow up on screen has been fantastic. I'm so glad that they have stuck with the same cast (except for Dumbledore .. RIP Richard ..I do miss you in the part.)

I know I'll cry, buckets probably.

• 2 months later...

I've just come back from seeing HP7B. Decided to go this afternoon while the kids were still at school, and although the cinema was packed, it was full of mostly adults. I make no bones about the fact that I haven't been a huge fan of most of the films, so I'm never going to be the best judge of it for those of you who are fans. What I will say is that I think if you've loved the last three films by David Yates, then you are definitely not going to be disappointed in this last one.

I've just come back from seeing HP7B. Decided to go this afternoon while the kids were still at school, and although the cinema was packed, it was full of mostly adults. I make no bones about the fact that I haven't been a huge fan of most of the films, so I'm never going to be the best judge of it for those of you who are fans. What I will say is that I think if you've loved the last three films by David Yates, then you are definitely not going to be disappointed in this last one.

That's a fair enough response - I'm looking forward to this but won't get chance for at least a couple of weeks yet.

I've loved the first two movies, but this last one is good if you liked the rest.

I did wish they left in a few extra scenes and cut out some others, they still had time since they split it in half.

The Battle of Hogwarts was nicely done.

Watching Hallows Part1 actually got me into HP in the first place - I hadn't seen any of the films since the first 2 back when they came out (they used to air every christmas, wasn't really christmas until you saw a bit of harry potter on the tv) but I'd never liked the books and didn't actively watch the films. For the fun of it, I went to see Hallows Part 1 in the cinema - and absolutely loved it. I then went back and watched every movie and with the exception of Goblet Of Fire loved them all. I was dying for Hallows Part 2 - and I was absolutely not disappointed.

In fact, I think I was more into it than 90% of people in the cinema - they kept laughing at certain bits and I was sort of thinking to myself 'if you were actually in any way immersed in what's going on here, you wouldn't be laughing.' But yeah, thought it was awesome :D

I went to see it the other night and I have to say it was brilliant! I also saw it in 3D and it was just fantastic! I loved the film and I'm so glad that it was split into two parts, because so much more was in these films! I can't wait for these to be out on dvd so I can watch them back to back!

• 1 month later...

I took my children to watch it some weeks ago, the second day it was in Dutch cinema if I remember well. We watched it in 3D as well. It was amazing, even I enjoyed it. The scenes I was hoping for were in the movie and very well done to my surprise. I already know what to gift my children when needed, if they don't buy the dvd themselves of course.

• 10 months later...

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I've just picked up [new] copies of The Order of the Pheonix and The Half Blood Prince on Blu-ray for a combined price of £8.02 (that's including £2.52 carriage!).

There are some good bargins on Amazon Marketplace if you look closely!