Comfort Authors

I usually turn to chick-lit for my comfort reads so I'll have to go with with Nicholas Sparks and Sophie Kinsella.

elindson, I'd love to know what your favorite Johansen book is. I read her Eve Duncan series (The Face of Deception, Body of Lies, and The Killing Game) a few years ago and really liked it, but I didn't know where to go after that since she has so many books to choose from.

My favorite one is And then you die. I love all of the Eve Duncan books and sadly am behind in the series. I need to get her latest which is a brand off the Eve but with all of the writing I have been doing my reading has suffered.

Maeve Binchy is someone I turn to for comfort, especially the audio's of her books read by her cousin Kate Binchy. I must have heard Tara Road, Echoes, The Lilac Bus, Evening Class and Scarlet Feather hundreds of times, likewise Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter (and when my reading mojo goes AWOL then I'm more likely to listen than read).

If I'm actually reading then it's probably PG Wodehouse or Nancy Mitford.

I think I'd say Adriana Trigiani. All of her books are the written equivalent of curling up on the sofa with a hot chocolate and a slice of cake. Bliss:)

I also love Andrea Camilleri's Inspector Montalbano series.