Hello from Belgium ! :)

nin0uch

Hello everyone ! Hope you're fine? ^^ My name's Hazel, "nin0uch" is nothing but my usual nickname ^^

I'm from Belgium and I'm 22. I'm studying English and Dutch at school so I guess this forum will also be a way for me to improve my English ^^

In 2 years time I'll be a teacher so I have to learn as much as I can ^^

Well, of course the first reason why I joined this forum is because I'm a bookaholic as all of you. But I also like to collect books ! Just seeing them "welcoming" me everytime I enter my bedroom is a real pleasure ^^

My favourite authors are Mireille Calmel (she's French so maybe you've never heard about her ^^), Philippa Gregory (of course !!), Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, Stephanie Meyer, Nicholas Sparks, JK Rowling and Eric-Emmanuel Schmidt (very well-known in Belgium, France and many other countries ^^ Don't know if you know him).

I have so many favourite books that this page won't be enough to tell you about all of them :( But if I had to choose 3 books, I'd probably take "Lady Pirate" by M.Calmel, "The other Boleyn girl" by P.Gregory, and "Memoirs of a geisha" by A.Golden.

In fact, I really ADORE historical books, love stories (girls, girls, girls :P) and fantasy books ^^ That are my favourite kinds of books.

Now I do not read all day long of course ! :P I'm also fond of history (everything that concerns Britain and France and particularly the Tudor Dynasty and Anne Boleyn which is my heroine :)) and I also love music :D

My favourite singers are Bethany Joy Lenz and Frank Sinatra ;) But I usually listen a bit of everything. Yesterday I discovered a new singer called Ginny Owens and her song "If you want me to" ^^ I must say I'm already in love with the song :P

Mmmhh.... what else could I say? Oh, yes ! My favourite film is definitely "A walk to remember" which I find really stunning, amazing, beautiful and my God SOOOO sad (girls, girls, girls once again :P). Since I've watched that film I'm dreaming of a Landon Carter (which in my opinion is the ideal man :P) :lol: . I also love "The other Boleyn girl", "Titanic", all the films with Jim Carrey, Keira Knightley, Natalie Portman and Sophia Bush ;) and ALL the Disneys of course ^^

About the serials/series I love, I would say "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (I die laughing everytime I watch it), "One Tree Hill" and "The Simpsons" :P

I think I've said enough, haven't I? :P Whatever people I'm really happy to be here and will post as soon as I can as I have to pass exams for the moment ! ^^

So see you soon :D

Ps : Sorry if I made any mistake !! ^^ I often try to read twice but I don't always see every mistake I made ^^

Hi Hazel & welcome to the forum :) I've got Memoirs of a Geisha on my bookshelves but haven't got round to reading it yet. If you like historical fiction i'd definitely recommend Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet it's a fantastic read.

So many persons talked to me about that book that I finally decided to put it in my list of books I have to read :lol: Thank you for your advice :)

I don't have the words to describe "Memoirs of a geisha", it's an amazing book and I read it rather quickly though it's a more than 600 pages book ^^ I mean the story, the way it is written, the characters,... just a wonderful book you should read ;)

Once again thanks everyone for your cordial welcome ;)