Best Movie Soundtrack

Coffin Nail

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two Twilight soundtracks (so far) - I don't care what anyone says, the films are mediocre and god knows they hadn't much to work with given the state of the books, but the music on those two soundtracks is absolutely superb. Amazing songs by bands I've never heard of. I've no doubt the third will be amazing too.

Also, Elizabethtown has some great music (Neil Young, Tom Petty, Ryan Adams and Elton John for example). I also tend to go for anything with a lot of classical or instrumental music - Meet Joe Black has some fabulous instrumentals and Knowing makes fantastic use of a classic by Beethoven (Symphony 7, Second Movement).

I find romcoms and in general chick flicks have great soundtracks too - Serendipity, You've Got Mail, etc. All have great collections of feelgood music.

Also, I might add, although it's not a movie - the two best tv show soundtracks (not even sure if they've been released, but going by the episodes) are Joan of Arcadia and Cold Case.

I know everyone is going to disagree with me on virtually every count but I don't care - those soundtracks stood out more for me than virtually anything else I've ever seen.

I'm not one to notice soundtracks unless they're absolutely insanely good; those of Easy Rider and Wild Hogs definitely tick that box. A Hard Day's Night and Help! probably have the best OSTs of all time, but I don't think it fair to count the movies by the greatest band of all time, it's just too uneven a match!

Both of the Twilight Saga soundtracks are brilliant, some very good bands on them and singers. :lol:

And really showing my age here ~ The Lost Boys soundtrack :lol:

... the OST to Lost Boys is awesome, but then the entire thing is - motorcycle ridin' vamps with mullets, one of which is Kiefer Southerland :lol: movies don't get much better!

Yes indeed! its a fav of mines too :lol:

I think my absolute favourite would have to be Strictly Ballroom, but as that's my favourite ever film, I guess that's a no brainer.

I also love the Amelie, When Harry Met Sally and The Hours soundtracks - all perfect for listening to while reading. Grease and The Blues Brothers are my favourite sing along soundtracks, and French Kiss is fabulous for summer driving.

I'd go along with the Twilight soundtracks too, which never seem too far from my car CD player at the moment.

Amelie

Lord of the Rings!

I'll second both of those.

I have quite a collection of film soundtracks, my favourites would have to include:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Truman Show, Local Hero, Blade Runner, Close Encounters, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and many, many more!

Hmmm, I love pondering questions like these! Here are my faves, in no particular order:

The Secret of Roan Inish

Magnolia

Pirate Radio (AKA The Boat that Rocked)

The Mission

Stand By Me

Twilight films (duh)

Crazy Heart

Good Will Hunting (RIP Elliot Smith)

Big Night

Grosse Pointe Blank

Dazed & Confused

Plus all those old musicals I love by all the greats like Hammerstein, Hart, etc. I might be back later if I think of more...

Definitely The Lord of the Rings, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas....can you tell I'm a huge Danny Elfman fan? I'm also obsessed with the Bleach anime soundtracks. I have all three, and am waiting for #4.