Wallander

Ophelia

I haven't seen the TV series, but I love the books. I've reviewed a couple on my Mac Reads thread. I think Wallander's brill. :blush:

I am an absolute fan of this series have read some of the books and am addicted to the tv series best thing on the bbc IMO wish they showed more things like this rather than talent (less IMO) shows and soaps..

I am an absolute fan of this series have read some of the books and am addicted to the tv series best thing on the bbc IMO wish they showed more things like this rather than talent (less IMO) shows and soaps..

I agree with you, Pickle. We don't get enough quality drama on the TV. (I do quite like one or two of the soaps, though :blush:)

I've seen some of them and I really like them. But I might be bias since I live in Ystad.:-P

I haven't read all of the books yet but I'm working on that.

Would you recommend reading the books, I'mRose?

I love Kurt - he's a bit Morse-like but not as grumpy

I have heard that this might be the last series they do at least with Krister Henriksson do you know if this is true?

I hope not but I have heard that there are not going to be any more Wallander books. 'The Pyramid' was the last one to be written I think. Krister Henriksson is in his mid-sixties so is perhaps thinking of retiring from the role.

I have heard that this might be the last series they do at least with Krister Henriksson do you know if this is true?

They are not filming any at the moment and I haven't heard anything about any plans to do so. The filmed all of last summer, both the Swedish and the British. I got to see some of it, since it was on my way to work but I never saw Kenneth Brannagh :smile2:

Regarding the books there won't be any more. "The Worried man" which I don't think have been translated yet is the final one. I haven't read it yet but from what my mom told me I can't see how Mankell could continue the series.

Fun fact is that if you ever decide to visit Ystad, you can get a guided tour in Wallanders footsteps. There is also a museum were parts of the sets of the police station is rebuilt and you can try out Wallanders gun and try on clothes used in the movies! :irked:

I was trolling the internet the other day, looking at Wallander related stuff & was astounded to find out why Linda Wallander is no longer on the series! I had always wondered why she wasn't in the 2nd series & from my recollection, they never talk about where she has gone. THIS is what I found out. Such a shame!

I had heard that this was going to be the last series that Krister Henriksson is in, which, to be eloquent, really sucks! He will always be Wallander to me.

I was trolling the internet the other day, looking at Wallander related stuff & was astounded to find out why Linda Wallander is no longer on the series! I had always wondered why she wasn't in the 2nd series & from my recollection, they never talk about where she has gone. THIS is what I found out. Such a shame!

I had heard that this was going to be the last series that Krister Henriksson is in, which, to be eloquent, really sucks! He will always be Wallander to me.

I was quite a late-comer to Wallander, Ceinwenn, so am not that familiar with the character of Linda but what a tragic story. So sad.

Linda was his daughter & she was in the 1st series of films. She was a brilliant character & a fantastic actress, but when the new series of films started there was no mention of where Linda had gone, or why she was no longer with the Ystad police, alongside her father. I always wondered if Mankell had written her out as some sort of grief thing over Stefan dying.......guess not quite what happened.

It was awful, but i think they changed a lot in this series in fact I am not even sure its from an earlier one as there is no guarantee that the BBC is showing it in order of the books, and there is a whole series of them before Linda joined the police force. Have you not noticed they changed the set as well, all the offices are different too.

Maybe thats why he has that awful dye job to go back to earlier books and he appears younger. Although there is no mention of his family at all which is odd as he does mention them a lot in all his books.