What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought about getting the Weeds soundtrack, Kylie, but I love that show! Are the tunes pretty good? I even love that 'Little Boxes' song over the credits in the beginning :D.

They are indeed pretty good! I've only just recently acquired the 2-4 soundtracks so I can't comment too much on them but the first soundtrack is great. :) 'Little Boxes' is there, and it's one of my favourite songs. I had no idea that it was a 60s song!

That's great to hear, Kylie! I think I need to get that first soundtrack now that I know Little Boxes is on there :D. I was looking on YouTube or somewhere similar for that song, and was surprised to hear it was from the 60's as well. It seems like kind of a hippy-esque song, you know?

The Twins are going well, I'll give you that. They can be my "second" team, after the Blue Jays.

:doh: Man, Roland, so not only are you one of 'those people,' but you're also a Blue Jays fan??!! But why?? We're playing a series here at home with them at the end of this month and all I can say is watch out! :P I hope we still have our 4 game lead at that point and can again claim an AL Central Division champion title!

I'm listening to Roy and his wife fighting about why he likes to sculpt mash potatoes into the shape of Devil's Tower in Close Encounters right now, LOL.

That's great to hear, Kylie! I think I need to get that first soundtrack now that I know Little Boxes is on there :D. I was looking on YouTube or somewhere similar for that song, and was surprised to hear it was from the 60's as well. It seems like kind of a hippy-esque song, you know?

There's also a version by Elvis Costello on the second volume and one by Randy Newman on the third volume. :) I was always excited to hear the new version on each episode. It's certainly a way to get the viewers constantly watching the opening credits.

I'm listening to Roy and his wife fighting about why he likes to sculpt mash potatoes into the shape of Devil's Tower in Close Encounters right now, LOL.

Haha, I like that. And he makes such a mess later on when he builds a bigger one! If I ever get to go to America, I'm totally going to see Devil's Tower.

There's also a version by Elvis Costello on the second volume and one by Randy Newman on the third volume. :) I was always excited to hear the new version on each episode. It's certainly a way to get the viewers constantly watching the opening credits.

I loved hearing new versions too, Kylie! I've only seen the first 2 seasons, but that was a very clever idea to have different singers do the opening song. Keeps it very fresh! I really need to see the rest of the seasons. I'm glad to hear the show's still on though!

Haha, I like that. And he makes such a mess later on when he builds a bigger one! If I ever get to go to America, I'm totally going to see Devil's Tower.

:lol: Poor Roy! His big huge pile of dirt, fencing and just all around junk from their yard - and then he goes and builds the thing inside the house! No wonder his wife got so upset.

Right now I've got political talk radio on, although it's a holiday so I'm listening to a guest host and I should probably switch stations. Hard to deviate from a routine on a weekday morning though! :D

I loved hearing new versions too, Kylie! I've only seen the first 2 seasons, but that was a very clever idea to have different singers do the opening song. Keeps it very fresh! I really need to see the rest of the seasons. I'm glad to hear the show's still on though!

The show constantly amazes me. They keep getting into the biggest scrapes, and you can't imagine how they'll get out of it, and they do! It's one of my favourite shows at the moment. It's so clever and fast-paced and full of great music.

^^I believe you're thinking of the right tune peacefield :D

Fifty on Our Foreheads - White Lies

Thanks, Brida! My teen 'Smith' years are coming back to me now :lol:. Btw, I was just introduced to White Lies! I heard the song 'Death' and loved it.

Thanks, Brida! My teen 'Smith' years are coming back to me now :lol:. Btw, I was just introduced to White Lies! I heard the song 'Death' and loved it.

:D

Really?I'm so glad to hear that, because it happens so rarely :lol:

You should deffo check out their other stuff, you might like it!

OT:

Conversation 16 - The National

Run Rabbit Run. - Eminem.

One of his lesser known songs, but definitely one of his best. If you're into that kind of music, of course..