What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

Mikael is absolutely flawless on every note on Burden :)

Downfall - Children of Bodom

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like some stuff of that album, Everything I've Known is a great song.

Again - Alice in Chains

It has a very groovy creepy vibe, in other words classic Korn :blush:

Yes indeed! This is the album where I started my Korn fandom, so it's very special in that way as well. I love the guitar vibes that are the very essence of Korn. And I find the singer very fascinating. I'd buy his autobiography in a heart beat.

I love Jonathan's voice, it is very very distinctive and odd :blush: I think my favourite albums are the earlier ones, I like the experimentation on the later though. This one definitely has some great tracks on, the artwork is creepy too!

Hypnotize - System of a Down

Queensryche - Jet City Woman

Quality choice!

Opeth - Burden

Mikael is absolutely flawless on every note on Burden :blush:

Tis stunning ;)

Not only that, but what about the awesome keyboard solo. Amazing :lol:

Red Barchetta by Rush

I love that too, what really is my fave part though is the gradually out of tune plucked ending, it could sound so stupid but it's done surprisingly well.

Poison Was The Cure - Megadeth

I love Jonathan's voice, it is very very distinctive and odd :lol: I think my favourite albums are the earlier ones, I like the experimentation on the later though. This one definitely has some great tracks on, the artwork is creepy too!

Hypnotize - System of a Down

I agree, Jonathan's voice is really distinctive and unique, I love it! I love it how he can use it to shout and whisper and sing softly. I admit that I only have Take a Look in the Mirror, See You on the Other side and Untitled. I do have some other albums as well but I have them on my other computer which I don't use any more so I mainly listen to those three albums. I like the earlier stuff and the dark tones they have but like you said I really enjoy those more experimental albums of the later years. And I love how they can make really thought-provoking, disturbing stuff, but at the same time they can make songs where they don't take themselves too seriously.

Have you seen the episode of South Park where Korn visited? I loved them in Monk as well ;) Such well behaved and gentle souls :blush: Monk had a real problem with the R that was written all wrong :)

I'm currently listening to Korn on Spotify, so the songs are in a random order.