What are you eating just now?

Lilywhite

Are they as good as pumpkin corn bread?

Haven't tried that one Muggles. My attempt at corn bread wasn't very successful. I might not have been using the right cornmeal. it ended up quite dry. Cornmeal is very expensive here and not used extensively in our cooking.

Tiger bread toast with butter and marmite. :)

does life get any better than that?

Warm freshly baked baguette containing fried crispy bacon pieces and fried sliced cherry tomatoes [cooked with the bacon]

My Oh isn't very well [a man-cold] and this was his request!

Haven't tried that one Muggles. My attempt at corn bread wasn't very successful. I might not have been using the right cornmeal. it ended up quite dry. Cornmeal is very expensive here and not used extensively in our cooking.

Don't blame me or the type cornmeal you used if you over cooked the cornbread and it turned out dry. :P

I have another recipe that I will post that I guarantee everyone will like.......scalloped (baked) corn. Remember how I promised the movie...Oh Brother, Where Art thou.....this is the same type promise. :)

Edited by muggle not

Don't blame me or the type cornmeal you used if you over cooked the cornbread and it turned out dry. :P

I have another recipe that I will post that I guarantee everyone will like.......scalloped (baked) corn. Remember how I promised the movie...Oh Brother, Where Art thou.....this is the same type promise. :)

lol. That would be all very well if we could buy Corn Muffin mix!! We don't have the pre-packaged baking mixes here like you do and the ones we can buy certainly aren't the same quality as yours. My sister-in-law brought some back from the US one time and they were absolutely delicious. We have to do things from scratch :D Our flour isn't that great either, we use our own wheat and I don't think it's as good as wheat grown in hotter climates.

lol. That would be all very well if we could buy Corn Muffin mix!! We don't have the pre-packaged baking mixes here like you do and the ones we can buy certainly aren't the same quality as yours. My sister-in-law brought some back from the US one time and they were absolutely delicious. We have to do things from scratch :D Our flour isn't that great either, we use our own wheat and I don't think it's as good as wheat grown in hotter climates.

Your ovens probably don't heat either. :P

Your ovens probably don't heat either. :P

Funny you should say that!! :D Mine is shocking at the moment....I really need a new one. If you open the door it loses all it's heat and then takes eons to heat up again. I've really GOT to get a new one by Christmas, we've got up to twenty-five people here for dinner and there is no way I'd get it cooked in time, the way it is. The other day I put on a roast and it never got up to temperature the whole time :roll:

I actually have a woodstove as well .....and that one does heat, but of course I have to rub sticks together to get it going  :harhar:

Edited by poppy

Funny you should say that!! :D Mine is shocking at the moment....I really need a new one. If you open the door it loses all it's heat and then takes eons to heat up again. I've really GOT to get a new one by Christmas, we've got up to twenty-five people here for dinner and there is no way I'd get it cooked in time, the way it is. The other day I put on a roast and it never got up to temperature the whole time :roll:

sorry to hear that. And, I am also sorry to hear about not getting the corn muffin mix. It really is very good. anyhow, the recipe is pretty good if you can find a way to make the dish.