Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finished reading The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens and have started to read Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I'm really liking Wolf Hall so far - I don't think it will take me long to get through this one :(

Just ordered the following from Amazon:

Ghost Hunter - Michelle Paver

Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick

The Immortals: Blue Moon - Alyson Noel

Bel-ami - Guy Maupassant

Three Men in a Boat - Jerome K. Jerome

The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong

Queen of Babble Gets Hitched - Meg Cabot

I Was Told There'd Be Cake - Sloane Crosley

The Jewel Box - Anna Davis

Nature's Numbers - Ian Stewart

Excllent haul, Chesil, wow! Looks like some great titles :(.

My weekend's turned busier than I planned, so my reading has suffered for it. I think I got in 2 pages last night before I fell asleep :D. Hopefully I'll get more read though this afternoon when I get home.

Oh, but I did stop in Borders yesterday and picked up 'Family Tree' magazine. Does that count as activity?! :)

I just finished Still Life, by Joy Fielding.

It was very interesting. A young woman just waking up after being in coma for two months. She can hear, but otherwise cant move or talk.

I may try to read a few more chapters of Wolf Hall. This has been a very challenging book for me.

I just finished Still Life, by Joy Fielding.

It was very interesting. A young woman just waking up after being in coma for two months. She can hear, but otherwise cant move or talk.

Sounds very interesting, I think I'll add it on my TBR list.

Started and finished City of Bones by Cassandra Clare today and I really enjoyed it, I will have to look out for more of this series I think, I also have Pandemonium by Christopher Brookmeyer to read as my reservation at the library arrived can't wait I love his work. :(

Started and finished City of Bones by Cassandra Clare today and I really enjoyed it, I will have to look out for more of this series I think,

That is one of my favourite series. :) Glad you like it.

Read a few pages of Heresy today and then fell asleep with my nose in the crease... :(

Yesterday I read about 50 pages of that astronomy/astrophysics book I mentioned earlier, got the title now "Black holes and warped spacetime" by William J. Kaufman. The book's actually older than I am, which I didn't know when I got it from the library, but from what I have read they weren't wrong with their theories then, not bad actually, there are some things that they know are other now, and they sure didn't have Hubble back then so the pictures that are in there are fuzzy and black and white hee hee. But it's interesting reading, and easier than I thought, though by no means am I saying I understand it all. Still, love it. :friends0:

When I've come back from university this afternoon I plan to read more. :lol:

I read the stainless steel rat years ago, did you enjoy it?

Yes, I did enjoy it. :friends0: It's a bit of an amusing sci-fi read; nothing too heavy.

I've read a few chapters of The Crimson Petal and the White. It's off to a good start.