Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

The Welsh history books sound interesting Chrissy, as I err... rather like history :lol: As for me i'm now 3/4 of the way through the Marais and it's still a good read.

Hope you arrest that awol reading mojo soon.:)

Edited by sirinrob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read about 120 pages of The Road by Cormac McCarthy over the last couple of days and only have about 100 pages left. Am starting to get more and more into this book and am beginning to enjoy it at last. Shame there is so little left to read now though.

It took me a while to get into it too, but once in it was great. It ended as I was starting to really enjoy it... in the way you enjoy that sort of book.

Bought a brand new copy of Handling The Dead by John Ajvide Lindqvist on local book stall for

Read some more of Kafka, and a couple of chapters of Shouting down the moon. I'm hoping the second one will be getting more interesting soon. Although, the style is typical of L.Tucker and that is a good thing :lol:

Just finished Foundation and Earth by Isaac Asimov. I thought there was one more in the series (not including the prequels) but I was wrong. I can't believe he let it end that way!!!!!!!!!!! Such a cliffhanger. Ach. Asimov you git.

I went to look on amazon for more sequels and the kindly website had recommended a book about Chris Morris to me. I'm not usually a fan of unauthorised biographies and such but...Chris Morris! It has been added to my wishlist.

Received in the post today....bookray from fellow bookcrosser (Lyzzybee)

'The Wednesday Sisters' by Meg Waite Clayton

Also rescued from dad's house (may bookcross them)

'1st to Die' ~ James Patterson

'Pop goes the Weasel' ~ James Patterson

'Violets are Blue' ~ James Patterson

I pretty much just started "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown (almost 30 pages in), and I'm surprised, frustrated and kind of annoyed by how slow it is! I wasn't expecting that at all. I've heard such good things about it, and I may end up loving the book, but the beginning ... AARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I read about 30 pages of The Best a Man Can Get yesterday evening. I can't decide if I may have already read this book before. I thought the only O'farrell book I had previously read was This Is Your Life but the plot of this just seems so familiar. It is quite worrying when you can't remember if yo have read a book or not. Am going to continue reading it for now, until hopefully I can decide either way if I have read it before.

Just finished the first chapter of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", which I am reading with a reading circle of a German forum. Though I probably don't belong to the age group the books were written for I still love them. :lol:

Have you read all of the Harry Potter series before, Luthien? Or is this your first time? There are loads of adults here who love Harry Potter (including me!) :)

No, I have read them all several times, as well as seen the films. I never would have thought before that I could love children's books so much. :lol:

No, I have read them all several times, as well as seen the films. I never would have thought before that I could love children's books so much. :lol:

I love children's books! Roald Dahl and CS Lewis write great children's books.

I'm listening to Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett (a bit out of order I know!)

Finished George RR Martin's A Storm of Swords 2: Blood & Gold. Thought it was absolutely brilliant and the ending was magnificent - talk about leaving you wanting more! Makes me want to start the next one straight away but I've read two of his books on the trot so am going to read something different for a while, just haven't decided what as yet :lol:

I pretty much just started "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown (almost 30 pages in), and I'm surprised, frustrated and kind of annoyed by how slow it is! I wasn't expecting that at all. I've heard such good things about it, and I may end up loving the book, but the beginning ... AARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I never got further than say, 100 pages. I hated almost every page of it. Boring, annoying and just not interesting me at all. I too, had heard good things about it, people couldn't put it down etc.. well not me.

200 pages into The Crimson Petal and the White.

I am having a run of reading long books just now; The Gate House was about 670 pages long, TCPatW is about 800 I think, The Stand (next on my list) is over 1000, and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest (hoping to read in the next few weeks) is about 650.