Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Rose Tremain's 'The Colour' and started David Benioff's 'City of Thieves' and already I'm enjoying it .. this was the book that they had in Waterstones with a slip around it saying you could choose another book if you didn't like it .. I lost the slip ages ago but thankfully so far so good.

Read 140 pages of Foundation & Earth by Isaac Asimov today. Will hopefully get through a bit more before bed. I had forgotten how easy the Foundation series was to read.

Also bought

Papillon by Henri Charriere

Kingdom of Fear by Hunter S. Thompson

and

Krakatoa: The Day the World Exploded by Simon Winchester

all for

I read thirty or so pages of The Shining as I sometimes like to go over randomly and re-read novels :lol:

I finished Childhood's End by Arthur C Clarke and thought it was brilliant, although a little depressing.

I'm going to continue on with the second-last chapter of The Editor's Companion, and then start on High Five by Janet Evanovich.

Woo for Shining re-reads, Rawr!! One of ze best re-readable books IMO :lol:.

Glad you received Bel-Ami okay, Kimmy! The US postal service is better than I thought, since I just posted it on Friday :motz:.

I only managed to read a few pages of PP&Z this morning, but hopefully I'll get more than just a few in tonight before turning out my light.

Finished A Scanner Darkly.

Started on The King of Torts by John Grisham. It's not my usual thing but after spending 15 minutes staring at the bookcase I asked my OH to pick one at random and that's what I've got. It's actually not too bad, I'm nearly a third the way through already.

Urgh! I truley hate Burn Notice! That guys can NOT act! My OH loves it purely because of the cheesey acting :lol:

:blush: I don't mind the acting, what I mind is the female lead character in the series, I can't stand her! She's full of herself, she's clingy, and I don't know what else but I just want to throw the TV out the window whenever she's in the scene! BF loves the series so I had to watch it with him. Some of the storylines are pretty far out there, they always get out of trouble just like that.

Catwoman, here's an

:)

So for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I am so glad you loved it. I have the final one to read. I have been unable to read really small fonts lately due to pounding headaches, but it is constantly beside my bed ready for me to read. Can't wait.

Oh and the next one is even better. No long winded begininng you get straight in there. One of my fav books of 2009.

Yep I liked it, will definitely read the other novels as well :D The long-winded beginning wasn't too bad once I figured I just have to go through it for the story to really pick up. But I'm glad the next one takes off more speedily though :motz:

Sorry to hear you've been having headaches lately, I hope you're on the mend soon :lol:

Edited by frankie

It's really quite warm here, i'm contemplating whether to sit outside and read dead simple for a bit, would help if I had some garden furniture :lol:

ohhhh very jealous am staring out of my window at work and wishing my life away...

finished Skullduggery Pleasant Dark Days and back on my Val McDermid this morning unfortunately work got in the way again...sigh

Read another 150 pages of The Gate House. Q&A, Flowers for Algernon and The Valley of the Dolls arrived from Amazon. :)

Does anyone else have the problem that being on this Forum makes them want to read so many more books, but leaves them so much less time? :lol:

Read another 150 pages of The Gate House. Q&A, Flowers for Algernon and The Valley of the Dolls arrived from Amazon. :)

Does anyone else have the problem that being on this Forum makes them want to read so many more books, but leaves them so much less time? :lol:

Definitely, i've had books over the last few months I would not have even heard of if it wasnt for this forum, not a bad thing really!

ohhhh very jealous am staring out of my window at work and wishing my life away...

Lucky you! I don't even have a window here so my imagination is not helping my concentration now!

My reading is all over the shop due to being ill all last week. I'm not in the mood for either of the heavier reads I had started, so I'm putting those to one side for now and have started The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein.

Read another chapter of Eyes Like Stars on the bus. I don't have much time to read these days but whenever I snatch a minute, this book just snatches me straight in and never fails to make me smile. I never thought I'd be saying this but, thank God it's the first in a trilogy, I'd feel an orphan without Bertie & Co.