Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the drill, I went to amazon and bought ~ :lurker:

Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Jane Austen & Steven Hockensmith (the prequel to 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies')

The Reckoning (Chloe Saunders, Book 3) by Kelley Armstrong

Vampire Diaries (Books 3 & 4) by L.J. Smith

Once and Then by Morris Gleitzman

:D

Two days ago I finished When the Emperor was Divine. I was not expecting to feel so... touched (I'm not sure this is the word that I really need but...) with it.

Yesterday I end up re-reading Alice in Wonderland (but in portuguese). And now, to be honest, I don't really know what I'm in the mood for...

In the spirit of my slow reading style, read a few more chapters of Kafka. I'm really enjoying it, cos it's one of those books that you don't only read, but you stop and think about every once in a while. I stopped worrying about it taking me so long to finish it, because it's more important to enjoy one book than to read tons in a short while. No matter how large your TBR list is :lurker:

I am really getting into Chosen by Kirstin and P.C Cast. It has got my mojo back lets put it this way.

Have been really good and not bought some books in a while. But I got these books out from the library today.

Tantalize: Cynthia Leitch Smith (I read the first one and thought it was Ok. But I have to continue to read the story.)

Orphaned and in her uncle

I finished A Long Long Time Ago but Essentially True by Brigid Paskula and really enjoyed it, it gave a great insight into normal Polish life now and during WWII withouth being about the big issues but almost in a fairy tale way.

I've just finished it and really, really liked it .. one of the best books I've read this year.

Glad you're getting into Chosen and that your mojo has made an appearance, CW! :lurker:

I read about 25 pages of Pride, Prejudice and Zombies last night before falling asleep. I'm having a good time reading it :D. Oh, and I also have just about finished the Twilight graphic novel. I know the story, but it's neat reading it with the graphics - something I've never done before.

I stopped worrying about it taking me so long to finish it, because it's more important to enjoy one book than to read tons in a short while. No matter how large your TBR list is :D

So true Brida, so true.:lurker:

I went on a crime spree in the library today...and no I didn't go gunning downpensioners or stealing all the books :D rather I went and go at least 4 crime books which i haven't read

Linda Howard - Cover of Night

Val Mcdermind - A Darker Room

Linda Farstein - The Deadhouse

Boris Akunin - Turkish Gambit

Not read any Val McDermind though I do watch Wire in the Blood and never tried any Linda Farstein, I am trying another Boris Akunin as I really liked Murder on the Leviathan. Thats my Sunday morning in bed sorted :lurker: