Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

Finished 'Temeraire' and started 'Cloud Atlas'. Some books allow you to multi task, ie you can actually ask for a cuppa tea or eat a chocolate bar when reading them, some demand complete attention, this is one of the latter I think.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I haven't read it, but I'm a fan of Zusak so all of his books automatically make my wish list. :D

Yep, I kinda figured you'd be into getting all the Zusak books :lol:

I went to a bootfair this morning and came away with twelve Dickens books (all in great condition) for the total sum of

Started and finished Angel of Mercy by Lurlene McDaniel today. Its one of my all time favorite books that I break out when I just want to read something familliar and close to my heart. Thinking about starting it's sequel Angel of Hope in a bit.

Kenny convinced me to start a 'Hiccup Horrendous III' book today and have done. They are very funny and I can just hear David Tennat narrating them, as he has a few of them on CD. :D

'How to Speak Dragonese' ~ Cressida Cowell

I'm about 3/4 through "Year of Wonders" that CaliLily sent through the US book ring. It's taking me a while because work has been super intense, but it's a great read and I'm enjoying it!

I am!

And dear goodness, please do NOT worry about starting ATSS... Take your time, start it when you can, and don't fret. I won't mind if you don't get to it until 6 months from now, I swear! I'm not in any rush here :D

Both are superb. Although Ender's Game is a bit more of a page turner.

Oooh I'll be keeping an eye on what you have to say about this one, I really want to read it.

I read 73 pages of Dawn Of The Demontide. I was struggling with it a bit in the middle, but I think that was just because I didn't pick it up when I was sick for two weeks and it took me a while to get back into it. Only 100 pages left to go, so I'll hopefully finish it tomorrow.

I bought 'Genesis' by Karin Slaughter in paperback today.

Another book to add to the T-B-R-when-mojo-eventually-returns. I'm hoping that this might be the missing mojo re calling book. My fingers are firmly crossed.

Oooh I'll be keeping an eye on what you have to say about this one, I really want to read it.

I read 73 pages of Dawn Of The Demontide. I was struggling with it a bit in the middle, but I think that was just because I didn't pick it up when I was sick for two weeks and it took me a while to get back into it. Only 100 pages left to go, so I'll hopefully finish it tomorrow.

Does that mean you're still up from yesterday rather than you got up early or am I reading that wrong? If so then get some sleep!

I think I started Ender's Game at about 7pm yesterday and I'm on page 190 now. 70 of which I read today. If ever a book could be called unputdownable this would be it. Read it!

I read a load of Mills and Boon at the weekend and I think they were just the thing to get me reading again. YAY for slush!:D

I was having my usual problem of not being able to pick a book so I got OH to pick one at random and I'm now reading Catch 22. I'm already a quarter the way through and so far so good!

I bought 'Genesis' by Karin Slaughter in paperback today.

Another book to add to the T-B-R-when-mojo-eventually-returns. I'm hoping that this might be the missing mojo re calling book. My fingers are firmly crossed.

I have this strong feeling that this might be the book to get your mojo back :lol: Haven't read it yet myself, but that's a series that doesn't leave you cold ^^

I started reading Full Moon by P. G. Wodehouse last night, I need a light read for bed, The Crimson Petal and the White is too heavy :D

Does that mean you're still up from yesterday rather than you got up early or am I reading that wrong? If so then get some sleep!

I think I started Ender's Game at about 7pm yesterday and I'm on page 190 now. 70 of which I read today. If ever a book could be called unputdownable this would be it. Read it!

Tomorrow is today :D

I read Gods Own Country by Ross Raisin yesterday, I didn't really enjoy it, the writing was very disjointed I am not sure whether I was supposed to sympathise or not with the main protagonist, the other characters were all equally unappealing....hmmm I remain undecided

I've read nothing in 5 days now. I've been too busy buying books to read them, but I'm determined to read at least a couple of pages of The Crimson Petal and the White before I go to bed tonight.

I've read a some of Tom Sharpe's books before including one of his Wilt books. I've got this one on my TBR shelf, let me know if it's any good.

I did enjoy it and will be looking out for more of his. Not sure it was laugh out loud funny, don't these blurbs go over the top?, but enjoyable none the less.