First Ever Gig

Coffin Nail

What was the first gig you ever went to, when & where??

I got taken to Wembley in 1983 to see David Bowie's Serious Moonlight tour. Our English teacher at school was a Bowie devotee and took a gang of us. Talk about a more innocent time, they'd never be able to do that now, it's such a shame.

The first gig I went to without adult supervision was 1984 (I think) Siouxie & the Banshees at Manchester Appollo.

Man I'm getting old!!:lol:

My dad was a saxophone player so I started going to his gigs when I was very young. My first real concert though was I think The Cure in '87 or so for their 'Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me' tour :lol:.

Haha.. mine was Backstreet Boys, in Gelredome in Arnhem here in Holland. I was 14 or 15 or something.. and loved them. Went with two friends that were even crazier about them than I was. However, after seeing alllll those screaming girls, and not being able to hear anything besides screaming, I sort of became less of a fan. Just didn't see all that fuss, why faint at the sight of these guys?:lol:

It wasn't a gig as such, it was Bloodstock metal festival that happens in the UK every year. I used to go to the indoor festival as it was just in Derby, a quick bus ride down but they've stopped doing the indoor ones now and just do the open air ones. Tried that for a few years but I don't like camping :lol:.

True :lol:

A friend went to see them in London and Liam and Noel had fallen out, Liam spent the whole concert with his back to the crowd :)

Eee I hate him :D I like Oasis music but can't ever watch videos or anything because I feel like punching him everytime I see him. He's such a :lol: (insert own word here :lol:)

It wasn't a gig as such, it was Bloodstock metal festival that happens in the UK every year. I used to go to the indoor festival as it was just in Derby, a quick bus ride down but they've stopped doing the indoor ones now and just do the open air ones. Tried that for a few years but I don't like camping :lol:.

Hee hee, am the same. A friend of mine goes to Bloodstock pretty much every year, especially when it still was inside, and I always was jealous, however, I am NOT a festival girly. :D

I only went to Bloodstock for several years in a row because my then boyfriend enjoyed going and his old German teacher actually does some work for the festival and managed to get us really cheap tickets :D. I hate big crowds so it wasn't the best idea but it was worth it to meet Within Temptation and Lacuna Coil :lol:.

My mother and father were musicians when I was tiny, so was always carted around with them - I believe that whilst they were on stage, I was being looked after by Dancing Girls and I wish to God that I were able to remember all this...so I guess I was always at gigs.

The first proper gig I went to was Simple Minds Street Fighting Years Tour in...erm...1988? 1989? I can't remember.

Although, saying that, I'd been performing since before then anyway, so would the first gig I went to be one of mine??? :)

Oooh I bet that was fun, Mexicola! :)

My dad was a musician too, Mac, and probably played gigs up until I was about 18. I remember when I was little being carted around to all sorts of halls and theatres and being chased by one or all of my 4 siblings - mind you I had no attention span :D. I even remember running around on a riverboat once! And of course back then I never appreciated the music as much as I do now, which is a crying shame.