Favorite Dr. Seuss

This past week in my preschool class we celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday (Theodore Geisel), and his many zany stories. I have always enjoyed reading Dr. Seuss books, but I would not call myself a huge fan.

This past week my 10 3 year olds were really into Dr. Seuss. We made the red and white hats, made green eggs and ham, made Horton hats, played elefun, I have a huge 50 piece Horton floor puzzle, several stuffed versions of the characters, etc.

I have to admit, I am a much bigger fan since this experience. I have done this theme in the past, and couldn't wait for it to be over.

We graphed our favorite Dr. Seuss book and Green Eggs and Ham won, Fox in Socks came in second and Cat in the Hat was third.

My favorite book is Fox in Socks because the tongue twisters make it fun to read.

What is your favorite?

I love Green Eggs and Ham (I love reading it to my nephew), The Cat in the Hat (the very first book I ever read by myself), and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

We had a whole big set of Dr. Seuss books growing up so I have lots of good memories. I think Grinch was also probably my favorite, followed closely by Cat in the Hat. :D I just loved Thing 1 and Thing 2!

I love Dr Seuss. My favourite would probably be Horton Hatches The Egg. 'I meant what I said and I said what meant, An elephants faithful one hundred percent.' :)

I love that quote from Horton. My students loved that book and now when I ask them to do something they say "I ment what I said, I am faithful 100 pernent" I figure for 3 year olds that's pretty good.