Katherine's list

KW

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I SKIMMED through the end of the RAven Prince just so I could say I'd finished the danged thing but it was LAME. L - A - M - E.

I'm onto Glory in Death, the second in the IN DEATH series and so far it's at least holding my interest which is getting harder and harder to please with each passing day it seems!

KW

Yes, I read the first one. I'd heard SOOOOOO much about Roark and how AMAzing he is, I was disappointed at how his character didn't grab me. Nor does Eve's. She's too rough for my liking. And he's mostly talk, throwing around his maleness just for effect... I should say Nora throws around his maleness just for effect, without much to substantiate it.

I simply don't enjoy a novel where two people get it on for the formulaic sake of it.

KW

Just finished Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews. I read it in two days. Not necessarily because it was wonderfully well written, tho it was better crafted than I had anticipated. The bizarre nature of the story, though somewhat predictable, kept me going.

Much better than the cheesy flick.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Equus the play by Peter Shaffer. I read it because the blurbs I'd read around sounded interesting and because I want to study plays to perhaps do an adaptation of AOV.

I read it in one sitting, as if watching the play and it took about 2 hours. The story was gripping, intense and exceedingly well written with interesting characters, plot twists and some wonderful conclusions.

KW

• 2 weeks later...

This book goes against many of the writing no-no's being taught by todays writing experts: don't use ly words, never use !'s and cut the melodrama.

Though I was intruiged by FITA, I could not keep hold of POTW for the way it is written. And many of the scenes contradicted eachother -- ie -- characters doing what they just said they would never do, etc.

To make a long story short, I was a third of the way into this book and figured it wasn't going to get any better and with an impending head cold that has now taken over my head, the combination of reading this and a nasty head cold caused me to toss it.

NEXT.

KW:irked:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...