The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

I had a bit of a DVD day yesterday. I watched Twilight, New Moon, Couples Retreat and 2012.

Really disliked 2012. I thought it was just ridiculous. Not the idea but the way it was filmed. It's a terrible shame really because it had potential.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally watched 'The Blind Side' tonight after having avoided it for so long. It would normally be too much of a 'feel good' movie for me, and if people tell me over and over how good a movie is, it almost turns me off! Anyway, I did enjoy this one very much and I ended up shedding a tear. Or two :D:irked:.

I watched The Reader after continually hearing that it's a really good book (which I haven't read). It was okay but I was slightly dissapointed by the lack of anything really happening. I can imagine, though, how it has translated from the book and can guess that the book probably has a lot more depth, insight and background which was left out in the film (which tends to happen with a lot of adaptations that aren't heavily plot-driven). I could be wrong though! I'd give it a 6/10. I saw Kate Winslets boobies about 10 times.

Awww Raven, I didnt know it was Titanic anniversary. I'm about ready to watch it again. It's been awhile.

peacefield, I'm glad you liked The Blind Side. I was sort of like you and kept putting off seeing it. I loved it!

Nienna, The Reader is another one I keep putting off watching. Saw her boobies in Titanic. LOL

Lilywhite, I was wanting to see 2012, but now not so sure. I'd already heard reviews were not that great.

Kylie, I loved Dead Poets Society!!

I started watching HOUSE (TV) a few months ago and kept wondering who this one Dr was. He looked so familiar. He was in Dead Poets Society. (The student that died.)

I finally watched Up In The Air this week and liked it.

I'm not a HUGE George Clooney fan, or at least I wasnt before. I really liked him in this movie!

I loved Up in the Air, Susie. It wasn't exactly what I expected so I liked that :lol:.

I'm sorry you didn't get too excited over The Reader, Nienna. That was definitely my favorite movie released in 2008 - I just thought Winslet did amazing. I have the book on my TBR shelf though, so who knows, I may like it better than the film :tong:.

In between Vampire Diaries and The Mentalist last night I watched one of my favorite West Wing episodes, '17 People.'

Awww Raven, I didnt know it was Titanic anniversary. I'm about ready to watch it again. It's been awhile.

There will be another one next year!

I'm a bit split about Titanic, as I think there is quite a bit of snobbery about the film because it was so successful, but at the same time I can see its flaws.

It does quite a lot very well indeed, but it is let down by some pretty clunky dialogue and some pretty big historical inaccuracies.

Still, it looks good, and the scene after the ship actually goes under - with all the people trashing about in the sea - still carries quite a big hit.

I've not heard of Lightning in a Bottle, but it looks excellent! Lots of great musicians there, wow.

I keep the Chili Peppers' Live at Slane Castle dvd by my TV at all times. I'm always in the mood for it :tong:.