What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the latest episode of Lost on tape as i missed it the other night and i have to say im very underwhelmed so far by this final season. Ok, so we got a few answers with regard the numbers, the possible reasons for the castaways being on the island and the smoke monster, but this show badly needs to end and it needs to end on a good note. It will be impossible to please everyone but im expecting a whopper of an ending and want my jaw to hit the floor and i dont think thats too much to ask after 6 years.

What really annoys me about this season is that the producers PROMISED no more time flashes/flashbacks etc after 6 episodes and that the series would all be set in one timeline after that point but already we are at epiosode 9 and there is no sign of this irritating "flash sideways" scenarios with the different characters both on the island and if they never crashed at all going away, its total filler and serves no purpose other than offer a lazy sideways view of what might have happened had they not crashed. And this latest episode was just character development and filler, no mysteries were answered- this is no time for filler its the LAST EVER season for Gods sake!!!

I just hope my patience will be rewarded when this show finally concludes this year, the fans deserve a gret ending after years of time travel nonsense.

@StephenKingMan - I totally agree with you. I've not been impressed with Lost so far this season and I have loved all others, I have them all on DVD but this season just seems to be bleh (no other word came to mind)

@StephenKingMan - I totally agree with you. I've not been impressed with Lost so far this season and I have loved all others, I have them all on DVD but this season just seems to be bleh (no other word came to mind)

VERY bleh!

When i think back to how fantastic and exciting the first and second season was, with all the revelations of Other people and scientists who lived on the island, not to mention to mysterious power of the Island itself, it was top notch tv and every episode left you clambering for more, and then after season 3 it simply lost its way. I am not one of the people who liked the time travel at all, it felt totally unnecessary and was so obviously a last minute attempt to 'pad out' the story between its original conclusion to another 3 seasons.

The producers have been quoted as saying that the original story was only meant to be 3 seasons long but it became such a monster they had to drag it out another few years and this obviously diluted the effect of the story, not to mention was a very lazy way to explain Danielles time on the island, via the time travel flashes :)

And now with the parallel world thing im at breaking point here- i dont care what MIGHT have happened to Jin, Claire etc had they not crashed, it adds nothing to the story. Get them all on the island in one live timeline and start answering some core mysteries like the exact origin of the island, the real reason they crashed on the island, why cant people die etc etc. Get on with it there are only 9 episodes left.

Black Books - "Bernard: No! I think if you're, you know, going to give the guy pencils for drinking his wine, you're talking about, you know, magic pencils. You draw a cow, the cow comes to life! Those kind of things." :)

Black Books - "Bernard: No! I think if you're, you know, going to give the guy pencils for drinking his wine, you're talking about, you know, magic pencils. You draw a cow, the cow comes to life! Those kind of things." :D

Comedy doesn't get much better than Black Books.