Your Monthly Book Spend

tunn300

OK, I know some people may not like to think about this but I was wondering how much of their hard earned cash most people spend on books each month.

Up until this year I would maybe buy one book a month from a supermarket, so about

Edited by tunn300

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to go to Waterstones every couple of months and buy one or maybe two lots of three for twos's (depending on how much overtime I have done and how many books I like the look of). I guess my monthly spend then is around the

I average 5 to 8. I like thrift stores and in the states, the largest one is perhaps goodwill. Hardbooks run roughly $3.00 while softbacks go for $1.25. Once or twice a month, I will come home with a good handful for $10.00 or so. I NEVER buy brand new. Why spend $45.00 for a new one when you can get three or four great ones? :(

I usually spend about 50 dollars a month on books depending. I haven't bought a single one in February and will be splurging a little bit more than that tonight :( It all depends on the books I want. Usually I go for the nicer editions because I plan on keeping them for life.

You know, this also matters actually how much you have to spend.. :roll: Someone who makes a lot and spends 50 pounds or someone who doesn't make a lot spedning 50 pounds on books, quite a difference there. Me, I don't make much (student :() but I also don't have a lot of expenses. So books are allowed. :giggle:

All depends really. I tend to use vouchers from Christmas or work as payment for books but when i do buy them with cash, it could be as little as 20 euro a month or as much as 100 euro so there is no set figure for me.

My biggest problem is magazines, they eat up far too much of my budget, be they computer, film or sci-fi mags and they are a big weakness of mine. Magazines are generally at least 7euro a go so its not cheap either!

I spend way too much. Usually at least one or two second hand books a week (totals about €10-20 a month) and occasionally I go into Waterstones and that costs me €20-30 a go. Last week I spent €36 in Waterstones, and €7 on secondhand books the week before.

For a while due to money and various issues that happened in my life, I have not really spent much at all, but when I have the opportunity, and when I used to work, it was probably around

It's difficult to say, but probably around $100 per month (around 50 pounds). Except the months of April and September, when I go to a huge book fair. Last September I think I spent around $400 for 100 books (about 200 pounds).

I spend a lot more than I should, considering I have a mortgage and don't have a high-paying job :lol:. Oh well. It's my only vice. I rarely spend money on clothes or anything else.