Jackie Collins

boris

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I drifted away from her books a few years ago...if you think about it, her sex scenes aren't even that sexy, very perfunctory. Maybe I'm just a pervert!

Fun beach reads though, I suppose.

Yeah, I stopped reading these quite a few years ago too.

But for those of you who love her, you should try the first book of that type 'The Valley of the Dolls' by Jacqueline Susann - it's excellent. Or for a similar read but maybe a little 'better' 'Princess Daisy' by Judith Krantz. There's a scene in that I can still remember clearly despite reading it when it was first published around 25 years ago ;)

I've read VotD twice and I loves it. Bliddy perfect example of the birth of the sex-and-shopping genre.

Thanks for reminding me, ~V~ - I might add that to my 'favourite books' list. Not often that a novel gets added. One a year or so, if that!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jackie Collins is one of my favorite authors. It's a guilty pleasure... totally mindless entertainment. I have every single one of her books (the only author I can say this about) except the newest, "Married Lovers" -- and only because it's not out in paperback yet. I would love to find an online book club dedicated to Jackie Collins' books but have not been able to do so yet.

• 2 months later...