Would your favorite character like you?

Katrina1968

Good question, Katrina! One of my favourite characters is Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice and I've wondered before how she would react or what she would think of me. Being from such a different time, I don't think she'd think very much of me at all. :D

Scarlett O'Hara is another favourite, and she doesn't really like anyone so I doubt she'd like me either (I don't think I'd like her for that matter!) :(

I would like to think that I'd get along with Ellie and her friends in John Marsden's Tomorrow series, seeing as we share the same sort of culture and I can see some of myself in them.

One of my favourite characters is Stu Redman from The Stand by Stephen King. I like to think we'd get on rather well; he's a down-to-earth, quiet, practical kind of guy and I reckon I have those qualities too (although perhaps not quite to the extent he does!). Of course, I not-so-secretly hope that had I been in The Stand, he would have fallen madly in love with me, rather than Franny! :D

I doubt it. I don't know who my favourite characters are but I usually like characters because they're things I'd like to be, but am not. They'd probably think I was a bit of an unimaginative loser. Except maybe Dustfinger in Inkheart. But he can't be trusted, so...

Well, seeing as my favourite character is Sherlock Holmes, I KNOW he won't like me because I am a woman. He only admired Irene Adler because she outwitted him and I couldn't possibly do that.

I'd like to think I'd get well on with Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Abbey. He was a man of good common sense with a worldy view of life plus a gift of herbs and healing - I would like to sit in his herbal workshop and discuss those and putting the world to rights.

Its a very tricky question, good one!

At a push I would say that Ford Prefect from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is my favourite character.

He's so zany and wacky and carefree. I would hope he'd like me enough to take me on some random adventures. Especially to the flying party!!

I the only character I have ever found who I could honestly say I related to the most was in a book called Echos by Robin Jones Gunn. Her name was Lauren and everything from her personality, her fears, her reservations and her weird luck fit me to a T. She is even a huge Brownings enthusiast like myself :D

I think if we met in person we would get along great. :D

Honestly if I found a character just like myself we would not get on. I am always right, you see which means we'd end up have discussions about who is the rightest!:D

One of my favourite characters is Jack Torrence from The Shining and I hope we wouldn't get on!

Hmm...I have a lot of favorites so it's hard to say.

Samwise Gamgee (from The Lord of the Rings) would probably like me. I think we'd get along great, as long as I was also friends with Frodo. :D

I think I'd get along great with Elizabeth Bennett (from Pride and Prejudice). We have very similar senses of humor. I'd probably be best friends with Anne Elliot (Persuasion), though. I think we would appreciate each other's empathy.

I think I would generally dislike Jane Eyre. She's way too preachy for my taste and she takes things too seriously.