Me Myself and My Books..

BookGeek20

Hi!

I was googling for a cool forum such as this one for somewhere to discuss my most favorite pastime of all, reading. (I write as well occasionally).

My favorite genres of books include: Chick Lit, General Novels, Crime Thrillers, Fiction Fantasy and Biographies. Amongst many others that i find it hard to put into a genre!

I love novels that make me think and that have interesting story lines and characters which is why i am a fan of authors such as Alice Sebold, Audrey Niffenegger and Kim Edwards.

What else about me? Well i am 20 years young and studying in my first year of my degree. I am studying Early Years Education and i aim to work with children in some capacity one day.

I love films, walks, animals and music as well!

I was very happy to have a sony reader for christmas, but still nothing beats a book! (Don't you just love the smell of an old or a new book?!)

Anyway thats it! Looking forward to seeing people around on the forums!

Bookgeek :D

Welcome to the BCF.

There is nothing which can beat the smell of the big leather-bound Victorian books with all the plates inside. I'm not sure if it is the paper manufacturing process, the coloured ink or the leather, but there is a distinct smell from them. And they are so tactile as well. :roll: Yes, I'm sad and pathetic... I already know that.

Thank you all again! I am loving this place :roll: And i totally agree Bigwords about the victorian leather bound books, i found a great bookshop called the eagle bookshop here in bedford where i bought 4 books under 5 pounds :)

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

So sorry havent been on here in ages! whats up with everyone? Ive been so busy with university work and things like that! Im back now though! :smile2:

Also not too sure where to post this thread, i think general will do! :irked:

BookGeek xx

Edited by Michelle
merged into your original intro thread :)