Hello hello!

dzposableheroes

Hello there from across the big blue! I'm from Oregon in the US of A. I found this site on google and liked it better then the others I looked at. Books are books from across the world right?

A little about me:

My name is Kayla and I live with the boyfriend and our cat. He (the cat) likes reading too... or sleeping on my books at least. No kids but we are looking to add a dog into our household soon.

(of course) I love reading. I'm a fan of fiction and I especially like fantasy novels. I also enjoy dramas and historical and cultural fiction. I've recently been interested in books based on Indian cultures. I've thoroughly enjoyed The Axis Trilogy by Sara Douglass, the Kushiel's series by Jacqueline Carey and most anything by Philippa Gregory.

Anyhoo that's probably a bit chatty for an introduction. If you would like to know anything else, feel free to ask away. I'm looking forward to sharing books and ideas with everyone.

Hello Kayla! :D

I love books set in or about India (although for some strange reason, I have no inclination to travel there - go figure!) - do you have any particular favourites?

Well so far I've only read The Toss of a Lemon by Padma Viswanathan. Was a bit of a slow read but the cultural aspect was fascinating and left me eager for more. I have a few on my library list including The Twentieth Wife and A Good Indian Wife. Any recommendations?