Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fit in to my old jeans! These are a Europe size 38 which mean size 12 in the U.K I think. I've been missing them this last year but there were no way I could fit into them before!

*happy dance* My goal is to reach a size 36 or a 10. But I'll be happy being a size 38 as well. It's how I feel that matters the most!

I lost 2 stone in around 8 months... And I didn't even restrict any food. I started a new job, which is quite physical, and I found myself running around pretty much all day. It kind of just dropped off and I didn't even realise until I noticed that a shirt someone bought me for my birthday in January, literally hung off me in March. It was quite a surprise. I am now 5'6" and weigh 114 pounds. I think I need to work on getting the weight back on. But I honestly forget to eat at work because I am so busy all day.

I wish the weight would fall off me like that Kerry!

Congratulations I'mRose, that's a fantastic result. :)

I've lost about a kilo recently, which isn't much but it's something at least, and I'm losing weight at the rate I expected to.

I wish the weight would fall off me like that Kerry!

Congratulations I'mRose, that's a fantastic result. :)

I've lost about a kilo recently, which isn't much but it's something at least, and I'm losing weight at the rate I expected to.

Thank you Kylie! 1 kg is great, I haven't lost a lot so I feel every kg is a huge accomplishment. I think I've just kind of toned up, they say that it takes longer for the weight to come of if you are doing P90X then regular workouts so let hope that is true :-P

Do you have any tips for losing weight? I try to eat well but I haven't been that successful with that. There are a lot of cookies at work and the sugarbug seems to have gotten me.

Thank you Kylie! 1 kg is great, I haven't lost a lot so I feel every kg is a huge accomplishment. I think I've just kind of toned up, they say that it takes longer for the weight to come of if you are doing P90X then regular workouts so let hope that is true :-P

Do you have any tips for losing weight? I try to eat well but I haven't been that successful with that. There are a lot of cookies at work and the sugarbug seems to have gotten me.

The only thing I can suggest is calorie counting. That's really all it comes down to in most cases. And everyone is allowed a treat now again, just don't go OTT. Reducing your calorie intake, and upping your exercise, even if it's just a walk for an hour a day, can really wonders.

I agree about calories. I'm not religious about counting calories but I generally have a bit of an idea where I stand. I wear a heart-rate monitor that gym that shows me the calories I've burned. It's a great motivator watching those numbers going up!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried those 'shape up' running shoes? It seems like all of the brands, Nike, Rebok, Sketchers, etc... are selling some version of them these days and I have been wanting to try them but they are a bit pricy for the budget ATM so I was curious if anyone has tried them and had success.

Link to the Sketchers version: http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/styles/fitness/list?cm_mmc=cpc-_-msn-_-search-_-09

I've unfortunately gained 10 lbs in the last month *cries* and need to get a handle on things again. No more fast food, no more ice cream and no more *cries twice* Starbucks.

Everybody's been doing really great! I'm jealous :)

Shape up running shoes sound expensive, I think I'll hang on to my old ones... I wasn't able to go jogging this summer because of the heat, but lately it's been really autumnish and last week I went jogging. It was good and I didn't experience the awful problems I had last spring while running. Very happy me!

I've been a bit lazy lately, with diet and exercise. Anyways, that's about to change. There's this woman, Jutta Gustafsberg, who's been in the fitness business for a while now, and last year, after a break, she started training like a mad woman for the Body Fitness European Championship 2010. She trained and bulked up, and won!! She has since put up this website called FitFarm, and this week there started this free 4 week trial for anyone who's interested in getting fitter, healthier and happier. There's a diet plan that fits all, and there are also exercise tips. She did this 4 week fitness period in May as well, and loads of people signed up and some people lost up to 20 pounds (10 kilos) in just 4 weeks! I just had to sign up. It'll be hard to eat the same thing for a month, with no extra snacks or goodies, but heck, it sounds so good I have to try it! :)

• 4 months later...

Hello there :lurker: How've you guys been doing? I've been doing pretty awful, instead of losing weight I've managed to gain some. Hehee! I'll try and not get too upset about it. Instead I'll try and put the guilt I feel behind me, turn a fresh new page and think what I can do NOW and in the FUTURE. Past is past and it happened and it can't be helped.

Anyone need support? I do :blush:

Edited by frankie

Oh God, I desperately need to try and lose a little bit of weight and definitely need support in doing so... what can I say, I'm weak and have a sweet tooth. In fact if I'm honest I think all my teeth are sweet!

I feel like I've eaten nothing but crap for the last few months and even more so recently with all the chocolates, biscuits, cakes and goodness knows what else there is sitting around both in my own home and at my place of work. Work is a bit of a killer because there is always a box of chocolates or a bag of sweets or something sitting around somewhere all year long, however as long as I don't start eating them I'm okay, but once I have one, then I'll sit and pick at them on and off all day. Home, however, is another matter entirely. The key I find is not buying the stuff to begin with. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it and don't miss it. If, however, I know it's sitting in the cupboard, then I'm a lost cause!

Still a New Year means new resolutions and being more careful with what I eat is a definite must for me this year and as from today I'm going to try and cut out all those Oh-so-nice things that are Oh-so-bad-for-me!

Who's with me?!

Guest Eliza1

Hello there :lurker: How've you guys been doing? I've been doing pretty awful, instead of losing weight I've managed to gain some. Hehee! I'll try and not get too upset about it. Instead I'll try and put the guilt I feel behind me, turn a fresh new page and think what I can do NOW and in the FUTURE. Past is past and it happened and it can't be helped.

Anyone need support? I do :blush:

awww don't worry :D:friends3: It's the time of year, I know how you feel, I would say I'm more pizza then human being at this point, and can't seem to overcome my laziness to even get up and go for a walk! Going to join a good gym this year and keep up with swimming. That's one resolution :D

Who's with me?!

*waves hello* Let's get started! :rolleyes:

awww don't worry :D:friends3: It's the time of year, I know how you feel, I would say I'm more pizza then human being at this point, and can't seem to overcome my laziness to even get up and go for a walk! Going to join a good gym this year and keep up with swimming. That's one resolution :D

I've been meaning to lose weight for a couple of years now <_< But I'm hoping this time will be the time that I'm actually going to make it. I've decided that I can't buy a book until I've lost one pound, so that should be motivation enough. I'm also thinking about joining the gym again but I'll first have to see if my budget will allow it. Otherwise it's just going to be watching what I eat and Zumba :cool:

*waves hello* Let's get started! :rolleyes:

I've been meaning to lose weight for a couple of years now <_< But I'm hoping this time will be the time that I'm actually going to make it. I've decided that I can't buy a book until I've lost one pound, so that should be motivation enough. I'm also thinking about joining the gym again but I'll first have to see if my budget will allow it. Otherwise it's just going to be watching what I eat and Zumba :cool:

Good ideas for the motivation Frankie! If that doesn't work what will? :huh:

I definately need to lose weight and most definately need support because I am a chocoholic :blush: I am going to do my best to resist eating between meals and I am going to get the Wii fit out of mothballs and I'll try to do at least 30mins per day on it to help burn some calories.

Good Luck everyone who needs it. :friends0:

I'm with you guys too! I have one rule for this year, and that's getting more exercise, which is my biggest challenge. I received a Wii for Christmas though so I'm looking forward to being active in my own living room :D.

Good luck, guys!

Exercise is something that I really need to work on too. I do a lot of walking anyway, to and from work and I usually go for a walk in my lunch hour too, but that's about it. I have never been to a gym in my life before (other than when I was in high school that is) and I just can't see me starting now. A few of my work colleagues go the gym or Zumba and one even goes to spin, so I suppose I could always tag along with them but to be honest with you I'm not really a gym kind of person... at all!

Maybe I should just stick to my walking. I'm sure I could fit in a couple of extra walks per week.

<sigh> I need to jump on board here and ask for support too. I can't remember the last time I went to the gym, which means I'm wasting heaps of money. :( I have the rest of the week off work, so I'm planning on going to the gym for one hour each morning to get myself back into it. If the weather's fine this weekend I might attempt a big bike ride up the mountains. I know I've put on weight recently.

We joined a gym last month, and have been going regularly. Sometimes every other day, sometimes two days in a row, then two off Treadmill, stationary bike, weight machines targeting different muscles take us about an hour and a half all together to go through. I'm slowly increasing the weights as I can and doing pretty well at it. OH has experience as he used to go to a gym regularly and knows the machines.

Now. If only we could pass up Starbucks on the way home!! :doh:

Hello there, I'm joining you guys with New Year resolutions. I started this morning with counting Weight Watcher points again. I"ve dusted off all the material that I have from some years ago and made an eatingplan one week ahead. I'm not good with sticking to resolutions but I hope that I have enough motivation to keep going this time. I need to loose, well, quite a lot of weight (30 kilos :eek: ) and that will take me at least a couple of years. I also intend to go to the gym again, 3 times a week. I"m not sure if I start this week, as I'm not fully ok again after being sick for the last couple of weeks. The good thing is, my dear bf wants to loose a bit of weight aswell so we'll be going to the gym together and he'll be happy about the good WW meals I'm going to put on the table.

So, lets get started everyone :clapping:

Edited by lopeanha

I don't have a gym membership (not in the budget) but hopefully doing the Wii Active for at least 30 minutes each weekday will help. I also started parking pretty far away in the parking ramp at work which is sometimes SO hard to do when it's freezing outside!

Good luck again everyone!! Encouraging vibes all around :D:friends3:

Good ideas for the motivation Frankie! If that doesn't work what will?

I know!!! My wishlist is so long and there are some excellent titles there which I would love to buy asap, so it should be motivation enough.

I definately need to lose weight and most definately need support because I am a chocoholic :blush: I am going to do my best to resist eating between meals and I am going to get the Wii fit out of mothballs and I'll try to do at least 30mins per day on it to help burn some calories

Yay, another Wii fit user! I'm going to get myself into Wii fit mode as well, I haven't been using the poor thing for a year :blush: I hate it that I got so many packets of chocolate left over from Christmas, I'm not a huge chocolate addict but when I know I'm going to start watching what I eat and know I can't be having that many treats from here on out, the chocolate immediately starts looking all the more appealing. I'm seriously thinking about chucking them all in the bin.

Exercise is something that I really need to work on too. I do a lot of walking anyway, to and from work and I usually go for a walk in my lunch hour too, but that's about it. I have never been to a gym in my life before (other than when I was in high school that is) and I just can't see me starting now. A few of my work colleagues go the gym or Zumba and one even goes to spin, so I suppose I could always tag along with them but to be honest with you I'm not really a gym kind of person... at all!

Maybe I should just stick to my walking. I'm sure I could fit in a couple of extra walks per week.

Walking is good, any kind of exercise is :yes: Re: gym. I used to think I would hate going to the gym but then a friend of mine wanted to start going and talked me into joining a gym with her. Eventhough I hated going to the gym in high school, I realised that I actually really liked it now and became an enthusiast! So what I'm trying to say is that who knows, if you try it once, maybe you'll find out you really like it. No pressure though, it's only one type of many many sports one can do. Do what works best for you and what you enjoy doing, that's the main thing to keep one going aye? :smile2:

<sigh> I need to jump on board here and ask for support too. I can't remember the last time I went to the gym, which means I'm wasting heaps of money. :( I have the rest of the week off work, so I'm planning on going to the gym for one hour each morning to get myself back into it. If the weather's fine this weekend I might attempt a big bike ride up the mountains. I know I've put on weight recently.

I feel partly guilty about this :( My binge eating in Australia did not help you keep on track with your gym visits and stuff. But worry not, we'll support you and maybe you'll take up my challenge for you: you can only buy a book when you've spent 3 hours at the gym :giggle2: Anyways, you need to remember what I told you: I think you have an amazing body and I don't see any reason for you to lose weight. I think you only need to work out because that's what people need: exercising is fun and good for one's health and it'll make one feel better about themselves.

We joined a gym last month, and have been going regularly. Sometimes every other day, sometimes two days in a row, then two off Treadmill, stationary bike, weight machines targeting different muscles take us about an hour and a half all together to go through. I'm slowly increasing the weights as I can and doing pretty well at it. OH has experience as he used to go to a gym regularly and knows the machines.

Wow, you're doing really great, I hope you'll rub off your good spirits onto me! :giggle2:

Hello there, I'm joining you guys with New Year resolutions. I started this morning with counting Weight Watcher points again. I"ve dusted off all the material that I have from some years ago and made an eatingplan one week ahead. I'm not good with sticking to resolutions but I hope that I have enough motivation to keep going this time. I need to loose, well, quite a lot of weight (30 kilos :eek: ) and that will take me at least a couple of years. I also intend to go to the gym again, 3 times a week. I"m not sure if I start this week, as I'm not fully ok again after being sick for the last couple of weeks. The good thing is, my dear bf wants to loose a bit of weight aswell so we'll be going to the gym together and he'll be happy about the good WW meals I'm going to put on the table.

Don't worry, I need to lose a lot of weight as well, about the same amount as you've been thinking about losing. So you're not alone :friends3: It's definitely a good thing that you're BF wants to lose weight, you can support each other and drag each other to the gym if and when one of you is feeling a bit lazy. Seems like you've got a good plan and a good support system going for you!

I don't have a gym membership (not in the budget) but hopefully doing the Wii Active for at least 30 minutes each weekday will help. I also started parking pretty far away in the parking ramp at work which is sometimes SO hard to do when it's freezing outside!

I'm sure the Wii will do good! It's surprisingly tough, at least it makes me sweat and the time passes by without even noticing. It's great fun too and it's nice how the Wii can keep track of you weight and your improvement.

I'm going to start the 4 day diet book that I bought a year ago, it's by Ian K. Smith, who's a nutrionist on the Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp. I watched one season of it last year and was really impressed by the results, bought the book and was able to go with the plan in the book for a month or so and I got results. Then life just got in the way, I don't even remember what happened. My problem is that sometimes I'm really motivated and will get results, then something happens and I'll fall off the wagon. So I need to really get my mind around this project and to realise that I need to change my habits not just for a certain period of time, but for the rest of my life.

Food is my comfort and my friend against loneliness and some annoying emotions, and I really need to find some other tools to tackle those things, not food.

Edited by frankie

I've never been a gym person either, I also walk quite a bit, to and fro to work mainly so I could try to extend this, but that probably won't happen till the spring! :blush:

I know!!! My wishlist is so long and there are some excellent titles there which I would love to buy asap, so it should be motivation enough.

Yay, another Wii fit user! I'm going to get myself into Wii fit mode as well, I haven't been using the poor thing for a year :blush: I hate it that I got so many packets of chocolate left over from Christmas, I'm not a huge chocolate addict but when I know I'm going to start watching what I eat and know I can't be having that many treats from here on out, the chocolate immediately starts looking all the more appealing. I'm seriously thinking about chucking them all in the bin.

Walking is good, any kind of exercise is :yes: Re: gym. I used to think I would hate going to the gym but then a friend of mine wanted to start going and talked me into joining a gym with her. Eventhough I hated going to the gym in high school, I realised that I actually really liked it now and became an enthusiast! So what I'm trying to say is that who knows, if you try it once, maybe you'll find out you really like it. No pressure though, it's only one type of many many sports one can do. Do what works best for you and what you enjoy doing, that's the main thing to keep one going aye? :smile2:

I feel partly guilty about this :( My binge eating in Australia did not help you keep on track with your gym visits and stuff. But worry not, we'll support you and maybe you'll take up my challenge for you: you can only buy a book when you've spent 3 hours at the gym :giggle2: Anyways, you need to remember what I told you: I think you have an amazing body and I don't see any reason for you to lose weight. I think you only need to work out because that's what people need: exercising is fun and good for one's health and it'll make one feel better about themselves.

Wow, you're doing really great, I hope you'll rub off your good spirits onto me! :giggle2:

Don't worry, I need to lose a lot of weight as well, about the same amount as you've been thinking about losing. So you're not alone :friends3: It's definitely a good thing that you're BF wants to lose weight, you can support each other and drag each other to the gym if and when one of you is feeling a bit lazy. Seems like you've got a good plan and a good support system going for you!

I'm sure the Wii will do good! It's surprisingly tough, at least it makes me sweat and the time passes by without even noticing. It's great fun too and it's nice how the Wii can keep track of you weight and your improvement.

I'm going to start the 4 day diet book that I bought a year ago, it's by Ian K. Smith, who's a nutrionist on the Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp. I watched one season of it last year and was really impressed by the results, bought the book and was able to go with the plan in the book for a month or so and I got results. Then life just got in the way, I don't even remember what happened. My problem is that sometimes I'm really motivated and will get results, then something happens and I'll fall off the wagon. So I need to really get my mind around this project and to realise that I need to change my habits not just for a certain period of time, but for the rest of my life.

Food is my comfort and my friend against loneliness and some annoying emotions, and I really need to find some other tools to tackle those things, not food.

I only bought the Wii so I could have the Wii Fit, and I was really good for a time, used it every evening but I haven't used it for a year or more, thats going to change though!

As you so rightly say life has a habit of getting in the way and it is difficult to remain motivated, I think the thing is to find exercise you enjoy and to eat sensibly, also to never give up - if you have a day of eating the wrong foods just have a fresh start the next day.

I did lose a stone last year following the slimming world diet so I think I'll give that a try but I wish somebody would eat all the chocolate and nibbles that are still here tempting me. Realistically I think mid January will be the time I really get going.

Good luck everyone. :friends0:

New Year's Resolution: getting in shape. Like many, I'm not the gym type... so from now on I'll be one of those who go for walks every single day. Of course I know I will need to increase the miles walked week by week and maybe, at some point, I will start running... I have a lot weight to lose but... let's hope...

Good luck for us all! :)

I've got a similar training plan like you, warming up (crosstrainer or bike or or or) then quite a few weight machines for different parts of the body, then sit ups or crunches and in the end crosstrainer (or bike or or or) for about an hour. This takes me about 2 hours all together.