Hello!

Johnny Carson Whit

Hey everyone, just registered on here after looking around for a book related forum where people post more than once a fortnight and one that is based in the uk, and I think i've found it!

I have always been a casual reader of fiction, picking a book up now and again; but have decided this year to make an effort to read more. I have just finished reading Firestarter by Stephen King after having it on my bookshelf for years and thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end, what a great book! Just before starting Firestarter I read the first two in the Sara Linton series by Karin Slaughter, also very good books.

So this weekend I am starting on something quite a lot more lighthearted, and am going to be picking up all 5 of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series from my library tomorrow. I love Terry Pratchett so am really looking forward to getting stuck into this series.

Sorry for rambling, it's late and i've had way to much Coffee :readingtwo:

Looking forward to taking part in the forum!

Welcome to the BCF.

I have a Stephen King addiction, though The Dark Tower's interlinking or every single thing King has ever written is beginning to grate. His best work is still The Stand.

I'm intending to work my way through The Dark Tower series once I have finished The Thursday Next series, I have a fascination with the word series for some reason it seems. :readingtwo:

So this weekend I am starting on something quite a lot more lighthearted, and am going to be picking up all 5 of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series from my library tomorrow. I love Terry Pratchett so am really looking forward to getting stuck into this series.

Excellent choice! :readingtwo: And one can never drink too much coffee, I say :D Welcome to the forum!

Yay! Another Pratchett fan! I'm an avid one myself, so it's always nice to see fellow addictees. :readingtwo: Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy the Thursday Next books - I've read the first 4 and enjoyed them immensely. I actually read the first one while visiting friends in Swindon, so it was great to be reading something set there while I was wandering around the place. :D