3 Least Favorite Classics

Emmaline

(Don't hate me :( ) but I did not like 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Brontë, I understood that Heathcliff and Cathy were these passionate characters but I just found them to be both incredibly mean and self centred, in short, they deserved each other. I don't have another two titles ~ sorry :)

Edited by Weave

(Don't hate me :( ) but I did not like 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Brontë, I understood that Heathcliff and Cathy were these passionate characters but I just found them to be both incredibly mean and self centred, in short, they deserved each other. I don't have another two titles ~ sorry :)

I don't hate you, I agree with you :giggle2: Wholeheartedly!

My least favorite classics? Easy...

The Bostonians by Henry James...I have vowed to never again read anything by Henry James.

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck....I had to read this in high school, and it bored me half to death.

The Scarlet Letter by Nathanial Hawthorne....b-o-r-I-n-g

• 2 weeks later...

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck --- incredibly boring.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte --- hated the main characters, just wanted the book to end.

Lord of the flies by William Golding --- just could not finish it.

• 2 weeks later...

Me, I hated Lord of the Flies, it made me emotionally and phsyically ill for weeks. shiver. And also I agree, the Great Gatsby was for me a waste of time. I despised The Big Sleep, I felt so upset at the ending and wondered why I ever bothered to open to the first page. horrible. :(

Wuthering Heights was awful . I don't have any others for the list

Lord of the Flies was a very disturbing. But I can't put in on my worst 3 list because I think it did teach me something to read it. I never want to behave in the way the children in that novel behaved.

And I seem to be the only one who loved Tess of the D'Urbervilles.!

Did I respond to this thread already? Oh, well. If I did, I will do so again.

Wuthering Heights - I couldn't finish it.

Pride and Prejudice - Again, I couldn't finish it.

A Clockwork Orange - Another one I couldn't finish.

I tried to read all three of these twice. If I can't get into on the second try, it's not for me.