What Inspired Your User Name?

AbielleRose

I've always been curious as to how people here came up with their user names. Is it a nickname? Is there a story behind it?

I chose my name CaliLily because it is a hybrid of the city the book I am writing is set in and my main character's first name. I wanted something that would remind me to stop playing around and get to work. :D

What about the rest of you?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waaaaay back in the mists of time, I was once signing up for a Babylon 5 forum board and couldn't think of a name. At the same time I was watching the Simpsons, the one where Homer recites Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven and the rest, as they say, is history.

Quoth the Raven: Eat my shorts!

I must be confused with another forum, cause I could have sworn there already was a topic like this. :D

Anyway, I am an astronomy geek, and was looking for a username for some other forum, Universe was already taken, plus I thought it was too general, so I changed the S to Z, and tadaaaaa. Have been Univerze everywhere since.. apart from silly LibraryThing where someone had already snagged that name. :D

I've had the online name 'lexiepiper' since I was around 14, I didn't want to use my real name online back then, and so made up a name, Lexie was just a name I really liked, and Piper was my favourite Charmed sister which was my favourite show at the time :D I still use it now because I'm so used to it after so long, although I'm less worried about telling people my real name now that I'm older :D

I chose it because it's just my favourite place to be. I love the cafe on the beach at Burton Bradstock where I can sit with a lovely cup of coffee and read a book looking out at the fantastic Jurassic coastline of Dorset. We used to go on holiday there when I was a child, and I still visit regularly now. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and if anyone wants to see what it looks like, there's a website www.chesilbeach.org

I chose it because it's just my favourite place to be. I love the cafe on the beach at Burton Bradstock where I can sit with a lovely cup of coffee and read a book looking out at the fantastic Jurassic coastline of Dorset. We used to go on holiday there when I was a child, and I still visit regularly now. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and if anyone wants to see what it looks like, there's a website www.chesilbeach.org

Having grown up in the west country I've been there quite a few times, it is very nice.

I must be confused with another forum, cause I could have sworn there already was a topic like this. :D

I was sure there was too, but I had a look and couldn't find it.

Mine is just my first name, like many of the other Mods. I changed to it when I started getting involved with reviews and interviews directly on here so I wouldn't be saying to authors/publishers 'Nollaig a.k.a Roxi' because that doesn't exactly sound professional :D

I'm positive we have had a thread like this, too. :D

Mine is simply the name of a colour I love. It sounds rather dramatic, too, which suits me, I suppose. :D I also chose it because I've been dyeing my hair red eversince highschool.

I'm positive we have had a thread like this, too. :D

Same here :D

Mine is my first name. Luckily it was available and I didn't have to make one up. I've no idea what I would have chosen! My friends call me Nana J (I'm only 29!) so possibly that.

Same here :D

Mine is my first name. Luckily it was available and I didn't have to make one up. I've no idea what I would have chosen! My friends call me Nana J (I'm only 29!) so possibly that.

29? Are you the Nicola who added me on Facebook today? I assumed you were, coz of all the BCF mutual friends. If that IS you, I have only this to say:

29??

TWENTY-NINE?!?! TWO NINE???

YOU LOOK TWENTY ONE!!! Man if I look that good at 29 I'll be delighted with life!!

!!!??!!?!!?!? I want to use lots of exclamation marks too because that post made me lol :D

My username is a word i've always found funny because i imagine a confused dinosaur popping up in this strange modern world and going ''RAWR??? RAWR??? etc' So i wanted to be known as Rawr.

Plus, the word means excitement and happyness when you exclaim it sometimes and i like being happy xD

29? Are you the Nicola who added me on Facebook today? I assumed you were, coz of all the BCF mutual friends. If that IS you, I have only this to say:

29??

TWENTY-NINE?!?! TWO NINE???

YOU LOOK TWENTY ONE!!! Man if I look that good at 29 I'll be delighted with life!!

:D That's me! Ooooh you're making me blush! :D Thank you!

I think the years of applying lotions and potions are finally paying off :D

(*still blushing! :D*)

!!!??!!?!!?!? I want to use lots of exclamation marks too because that post made me lol :D

My username is a word i've always found funny because i imagine a confused dinosaur popping up in this strange modern world and going ''RAWR??? RAWR??? etc' So i wanted to be known as Rawr. Plus, the word means excitement and happyness when you exclaim it sometimes and i like being happy xD

!1111/!?//..???111//!!!!???oneone.

Are you a dinosaur that popped up in the modern world? Also, a modern dinosaur that popped up in the modern world would go a bit like Cloverfield.

Excitment and happiness? I know the kind of excitement and happiness guys who've said it ME have been referring to :D

It makes me think of that cartoon with dinosaurs going 'rawr!' and it says 'it means "I love you" in dinosaur' - I think it's really cute ^^

:D That's me! Ooooh you're making me blush! :D Thank you!

I think the years of applying lotions and potions are finally paying off :D

(*still blushing! :D*)

Haha no problem, I just went back and looked at your photos again and seriously. What are these lotions and potions and where do I get them?!

I don't particularly like dinosaurs, but i like cartoon dinosaurs! I think i am an anachronism in this world sometimes, so maybe I am a dinosaur :D I don't think i'm as evil looking and scaly as that dude in Cloverfield luckily! Where did your user name come from? You have to tell us all!

Oh yeah! I still can't think of anything to go below my username so I just leave it :D Anyways, i'll stop barging in now i've added my backstory and go for my jog!

Mine was the female lead character in the Arthur books by Bernard Cornwell, though he spells it incorrectly (he spells it Ceinwyn, which is the male spelling Welsh names ending in wyn are always male). I loved the name, so I decided to take it as my username (& if I am lucky enough to ever have a daughter, that will be her 1st name as my OH also loves it)

I'm also positive there was a thread on this topic already and when I was looking for it, I found "What made you choose your username?" -thread started by amethyst but it's been moved and I cannot access it anymore.

It was deleted, but it's probably good to have a fresh one anyway. :D

I used to be 'Bagpuss' on here (as I am on most other forums, that, or Queen Herod) when I first signed up. :D