Vodkafan's 2010 reading log

vodkafan

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas Vodkafan! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I especially hope you're enjoying your 207 pounds worth of food. ;)

Gonna play with my new kindle in a minute. The food is going down steadily. Turkey and red cabbage sandwiches are my boxing day favourite. I was bought 1 proper book too; Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.

Hope yours went well Kylie! I cannot imagine Christmas during summer.... :huh:

Gonna play with my new kindle in a minute. The food is going down steadily. Turkey and red cabbage sandwiches are my boxing day favourite. I was bought 1 proper book too; Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.

You got a Kindle? What do you think of it? I'm torn about the e-readers myself. Congrats on getting The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, I hope you enjoy it. I'm a bit late with the Christmas wishes so I'll wish you an excellent rest of the year and a merry new one! :friends3:

You got a Kindle? What do you think of it? I'm torn about the e-readers myself. Congrats on getting The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, I hope you enjoy it. I'm a bit late with the Christmas wishes so I'll wish you an excellent rest of the year and a merry new one! :friends3:

Thank you Frankie, you too. Who is that hairy person in your avatar?

I am enjoying the kindle so far. I know I will use it a lot. I have read my first kindlebook already. It was "Darkness Under The Sun" by Dean Koontz. (a free book) It was very short, just a novella really. One thing about the kindle is thatyou don't get the sense of knowing how far into a book you are or how much you have left. I may or may not miss that, I will have to see.

. One thing about the kindle is thatyou don't get the sense of knowing how far into a book you are or how much you have left. I may or may not miss that, I will have to see.

I wouldn't like that, when I start a new book I always look to see how many pages it has so I know where the halfway mark is :)

I wouldn't like that, when I start a new book I always look to see how many pages it has so I know where the halfway mark is :)

Well, you do get a % reading on the bottom of the screen, so you always know where you are, it just won't be as tactile a representation as you would get with a physical book.

Well, you do get a % reading on the bottom of the screen, so you always know where you are, it just won't be as tactile a representation as you would get with a physical book.

Oh I hadn't noticed that Himself, thanks! I have had a small joy already tonight. I found a link on Amazon to a free e-book site called project gutenberg (or similar) and was happy to find a Jack Vance novel that I have never read, plus many more interesting old novels.

Oh I hadn't noticed that Himself, thanks! I have had a small joy already tonight. I found a link on Amazon to a free e-book site called project gutenberg (or similar) and was happy to find a Jack Vance novel that I have never read, plus many more interesting old novels.

Projectgutenberg is amazing. A large portion of my e-TBR pile can be traced back to there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Frankie, you too. Who is that hairy person in your avatar?

I am enjoying the kindle so far. I know I will use it a lot. I have read my first kindlebook already. It was "Darkness Under The Sun" by Dean Koontz. (a free book) It was very short, just a novella really. One thing about the kindle is thatyou don't get the sense of knowing how far into a book you are or how much you have left. I may or may not miss that, I will have to see.

The 'hairy person' you're referring to is Jonathan Davis from Korn. One of my favorite bands and one of my idols.