Books you're looking forward to in 2010

What books are you eagerly anticipating being published this year?

I know that along with quite a few others here, I'm extremely excited about Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde which is just 10 short days away now.

I've also just found out that one of my favourite authors, Meg Cabot, has a new adult novel (as opposed to children/YA which she predominately writes) coming out this summer, called Insatiable, where she's dipping into the supernatural and the world of vampires! I can't wait!

What about everyone else?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic Chesil ~ 7.gif

The books I am looking forward to in 2010 are ~

The Reckoning (Darkest Power 3) by Kelley Armstrong, I have enjoyed the first two books in the series.

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater ~ the sequel to 'Shiver' which I read at the end of last year and enjoyed.

And this has not been confirmed as yet ~ Edit: Confirmed for release next year, so I will be looking forward to IQ84 for another year.

1Q84 (Book 1) by Haruki Murakami being published in English by vintage books :)

Just added ~

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse series) by Charlaine Harris

Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong

Tales from the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde

Edited by Weave

Same as you with Shades of Grey. What else?

Tea time from the Traditionally Built, The Double Comfort Safari Club- Alexander McCall-Smith (11 and 12 from the No. ! Ladies' Detective Agency)

The Swan Thieves- Elizabeth Kostova

I'm sure they'll be another Jodi Picoult out at some point too

Great topic Chesil ~ 7.gif

Thanks!

The Reckoning (Darkest Power 3) by Kelley Armstrong, I have enjoyed the first two books in the series.

That's another one on my list, along with the next in her Women of the Otherworld series, Waking the Witch.

Let's not forget the next Sookie Stackhouse book from Charlaine Harris, Dead In The Family!

Thanks!

That's another one on my list, along with the next in her Women of the Otherworld series, Waking the Witch.

Let's not forget the next Sookie Stackhouse book from Charlaine Harris, Dead In The Family!

Oh yeah! I forgot about those, thanks Chesil :)

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris :D

Me too :D

I'm also hoping that the last book in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle will be published this year although I think that's a bit of wishful thinking as there's no date for it yet :roll: You never know!

Stephen Fry is said to be writing the next installment of his autobiography right now so hopefully that will be out this year (I think he said the deadline was April).

Something new from J.K. Rowling .. but I guess that might be wishful thinking.

1Q84 (Book 1) by Haruki Murakami being published in English by vintage books:D

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse series) by Charlaine Harris

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde

These for me, too. Although if I'm going to be honest I won't be buying the books when they are released as I have far too many other books to read first. :roll:

Kelley Armstrong - The Reckoning (DP 3)

Kelley Armstrong - Waking the Witch (WotOW 11)

Kelley Armtrong - Angelic (novella)

Simon Scarrow - The Fields of Death (Revolution 4)

Stuart Macbride - Dark Blood (Logan McRae 6)

Ben Elton - Meltdown

Terry Pratchett - I Shall Wear Midnight (Tiffany Aching 4)

Also, anything that Christopher Brookmyre comes out with. :roll:

Edited by Kell

Umm right now (Pre Coffee) I can only think of one and that is the Karin Slaughter novel Broken. Next in the Grant county series, Sara comes back along with Will trent but I have heard Lena is back in this one :roll: Still can't wait though... Roll on July!

Other than that right now I can't think of anything.

Oh I wil be reading the next installment in the Dexter series.

Burned by PC and Kristin Cast (House of Night series) is out in April :roll:

Oh I have to pick up the second on in the series from the library today, but I quite enjoyed the first one so I think I might want to get that one when that comes out.

CW.

Umm right now (Pre Coffee) I can only think of one and that is the Karin Slaughter novel Broken. Next in the Grant county series, Sara comes back along with Will trent but I have heard Lena is back in this one :roll: Still can't wait though... Roll on July!

Oh I'm looking forward to this one as well! And C. J. Sansom's fifth book on the Shardlake-series, that is if I've actually managed to read the first 4 books and have enjoyed them :D

Yeah, Stephen Fry for me too, if it's out this year.

Also, The Children's Book by A S Byatt - in paperback.

I'd also really like something new from Khaled Hosseini, but his official site has no mention of him even writing at the moment, let alone having one near publication. :roll:

I also want Chris Evans' autobiography in paperback.