sirinrob 2010 reading list

sirinrob

Decided to keep a reading list this year, which will hopefully contain books that others find inspiring. When I've read a book, I'll post a review in the appropriate section with a link from this list. Decided I'd be strict on myself, so If I start a book, I'll finish it ( unless its dire) then review, onto next. Didn't see the need for a TBR list as thats fluid, and i reread alot as well.

Edited by sirinrob

Non-Fiction

since I have quite a few to read , this could get busy :D

'Iron Kingdom: The rise and downfall of Prussia 1600 - 1947' Christopher Clark

'With Their Backs to the World' Ǻsne Seierstad review

'The Rebel' Albert Camus review

'The Mercurial Emperor - The Magic Circle of Rudolf II in Renaissance Prague' Peter Marshell review

'Northern Shores - A History of the Baltic Sea and its Peoples' Alan Palmer review

Edited by sirinrob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This year started in great style - discovered some authors that I really like and others to maintain as 'keepers'. the new ones I met were Thomas Wharton, Markus Zusak, Steve Toltz, Peter Hoeg, Tove Jansson and continued with Jasper FForde.

There were a couple of disappointments - Junot Daiz - debut novel should never have been debuted and Abraham Vergheze - tedious

• 4 weeks later...
This year started in great style - discovered some authors that I really like and others to maintain as 'keepers'. the new ones I met were Thomas Wharton, Markus Zusak, Steve Toltz, Peter Hoeg, Tove Jansson and continued with Jasper FForde.

There were a couple of disappointments - Junot Daiz - debut novel should never have been debuted and Abraham Vergheze - tedious

Was that 'The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao'? .. I was really disappointed with it, I thought I was going to love it from the blurb on the back and initially I quite liked it but it went downhill quickly.

• 4 weeks later...