Ruth's reading in 2010

Ruth

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Dear Fatty by Dawn French. It got off to a slow start, but after about the first third of the book, I found it a lot more interesting. An enjoyable read.

I want something light hearted to read next, so am going for True Confessions of Adrian Albert Mole, by Sue Townsend.:blush:

I have just finished reading The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets, by Eva Rice, and I thought it was lovely. Rather like a modern Jane Austen, and perfect for curling up with on a cold night and losing yourself in for a couple of hours.

Too tired to read any more now, but tomorrow I will be starting Property, by Valerie Martin.

Edited by Ruth

I have just finished reading The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets, by Eva Rice, and I thought it was lovely. Rather like a modern Jane Austen, and perfect for curling up with on a cold night and losing yourself in for a couple of hours.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed it as it's on my TBR pile! :lol: I'm definitely looking forward to reading it now!

Just finished Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years, which was a definite return to form after the disappointing True Confessions.

Next up is The Kalahari Typing School For Men, by Alexander McCall Smith. This is the fourth in the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series.:friends0:

I just love the series:) They're so easy and pleasant to read, and I always finish a book from this series with a smile on my face. I'm about 3/4 of the way through The Kalahari Typing for Men, and so far I think it's one of my favourites yet.

Finished reading The Kalahari Typing School for Men - I think this is my favourite book in the series so far:) Really enjoyed it.

Also read The Curious Case of Benjamin Button at the weekend - very quick short story and absolutely fab! Definitely made me want to read more by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

About to start Gringa in a Strange Land, by Linda Dahl, for the BCF blog:)

I have The Other Hand on my tbr pile, and want to get round to it soon.:) Although I understand that the two books are very different.

Next up though is The Vesuvius Club, by Mark Gatiss, which I have had sitting on my shelf forever (so it feels like)!

I thoroughly enjoyed Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. A really sweet and amusing Cinderella story, which I would highly recommend.

My next book is going to be 1989 The Berlin Wall: My Part in it's Downfall, by Peter Millar:)

I was slightly disappointed in The Ice Queen. Never mind though, you can't enjoy every book you read I guess!

About to start Rounding the Mark - another book in the Inspector Montalbano series, by Andrea Camilleri.:D